Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week, one of the local dealer called up with the package that I specified (Silver '05 #6). Of course, he also wants $3K premium. When I balk, he immediately dropped to $2K. That was the end of the conversation.

Yesterday, the other dealer called up to give me the progress of my wait on that list... 307 (up from 372 the previous month)...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Waiting List

Where do you live? Have you seen the postings on this site from others who have found dealers who charge only MSRP and have fairly quick deliveries? If not, check it out. You may save thousands $ and a lot of time.

G

·
0 Posts
Re: Waiting List

KURT said:
Where do you live? Have you seen the postings on this site from others who have found dealers who charge only MSRP and have fairly quick deliveries? If not, check it out. You may save thousands $ and a lot of time.
Someone point me in that direction. I have Chicago area dealers that want thousands over MSRP--if they can get the vehicle. Or, they want a few hundred to "hold" my spot on a list. (Soemthing tells me I'd never get that money back). Someone point me to a dealer (reasonably close to me) that can sell me a car at MSRP and not wait a year.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Chicago

Have you tried using the "search" feature?

The dealer I used took a check for $500 but it was returned to me when I picked up the car. That's common for dealers to do.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sparky,

Please give Larry Drake at University Motors a call. They are located in Morgantown West Virgina about 1 hour south of pittsburgh. Larry promised me the prius I wanted at MSRP in about 4 months. He delivered in 3.5. The only adder was about $200 for the cargo net/first aid kit. He actually called me after about 2.5 months with an offer of a prius of a different color, but I waited for my 2005 Salsa Red #6. Let me know how it goes.

Bob

·
Registered
8 Posts
Don't be too discouraged. 372 to 307 in one month sounds pretty good to me. I was #12 at the beginning of Aug. and have been told I am finally at the top of the list for Nov. (I got on the list in early May but didn't want to know how many others were ahead of me.) Mine sounds like pretty straight forward transaction compared to many others though. I gave a $2500 deposit in May and was told I'd get my car in about 8 mos. No price games either. Its been a long wait but I expect it will be worth it. And I very much appreciate the education (and humor) I have been getting from this site while I have waited. Keep your fingers crossed for me. :p

·
Registered
3 Posts
60-90DAYS OR EVEN LESS!

I can usually get you one on an order in 90 days or less. Sometimes we get extra and can deliver in under 60 days.

Our pricing based on being lower than the regional pricing is $1495 over MSRP.

Packages available here are 0,4,5 and 6.

You can reach me anytime at 406-239-2099

TODD PADGETT
INTERNET SALES
BITTERROOT TOYOTA
MISSOULA MONTANA

·
Registered
1 Posts
'04 for 18,000

I live in NY... the center of the universe as far as waiting lists and rip-offs for a Prius. I refused to pay upwards of $25,000 (which all the dealers were asking for a base model... and I wanted options). They were also saying I would have to wait "at least 8 months." I looked and looked and found the exact model I wanted (a silver '04 with all options) at a dealership in NJ with 1,000 miles on it. I went to the dealer and bought it for $18,000, and drove away with it. It only has 1,000 miles, looked like it came out of a showroom, and came with a full 5 year Toyota warranty.

Keep looking and you'll find one.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I had luck......

If you don't mind flying to Dulles in Washington DC then I think I can help you get a 2005 Prius without alot of hassel AT MSRP!!!!! I've had luck matching people in NC and Ill. They asked for a Package and then said "I don't want This Color." The more flexibility the faster they got it. In the last week, on average I've gotten 3 Prius a Day! All "supposely" sold , but the Trickle Down list worked for them. Jane L, NC FAXed me a copy of a filled out check and I delievered her Tideland Pearl Package #4, Three days later!!! Now I'm not promising that result with everyone but if you don't try ..........

Call me at : (571) 276-7548 Cell phone

I work at Koons Tyson Toyota in Vienna, Northern Virgina.

E-mail me at: [email protected]

I do promise to do my best to help anyone out!!!

Tom :wink:

·
Registered
130 Posts
My suggestion, find a small town at about fifty mile radius with a Toyota dealership. Usually there are fewer Prius wise purchasers. Make some calls and find the number on the list with downpayments and go from there. Get on list and take the least wait. I called eleven dealers in a fifty mile radius and found lists from fifty two to thirty two to twenty one to EIGHT. When I put my deposit down I stated no color preeferance and my quoted three month wait deminished to three weeks. MSRP. There are as many reputable dealers out there as there are "Gougers" and you don't want any part of the gouger in your future anyway. Spread the word that there are Toyota dealers in the area demanding over msrp.. The cars, unique as they are, really are not worth a premium payment and if you go that route you will really be kicking yourself next year. and you really won't have a dealer you can trust to return the car for service.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I second the suggestion of the previous poster. I recently purchased an '05 Prius from a dealership 25 miles south of Richmond, VA (Priority Toyota) and had a very favorable experience. All dealerships within Richmond had waiting lists from 6 months to over a year. I got on the waiting list at Priority without any required deposit. The wait was supposed to be a 2-4 month wait and my color/package choice (black/#2) was available in only 6 weeeks. The dealership charged no premium over MSRP and fees were reasonable at $388 document processing and 3% tax. Good Luck!

·
Registered
586 Posts
North Va. Koons Tyson Toyota, List is only a 7-8week wait and I've delievered as fast as 3 days with flexible customers Dulles Airport is a $10 Taxi drive or I'll pick you up and Independant Air fly most citys on the east coast for like $79.00 !! Let me know the Package and what color you don't want!!! $500.00 Deposit PROOF never Cashed or CC never Ran.....Trickle Down list Guarentee MSRP + $289 Dealer Processing. You can do the Tax at home or we'll do it for you with Tag, Title and Reg.

Call (571) 276-7548

E-mail [email protected]

Tom Quinn
Prius Sales

Getting in approximately 5-10 Pruis a WEEK!!! :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts