Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am waiting for the delivery of my 2006 pkg #5 the first part of April! So far I have had a great buying experience with Jim Anderson at Riverside Toyota in Escanaba, MI (I will be flying there to pick up the car from Columbus, Ohio). I will let you all know how the transaction goes after I pick up the car in case you are looking for a good dealer to purchase from.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey kharmony,

I'm from the Columbus area (Hilliard) myself. I had to go out of town to get one as well (King's Toyota in Cincinnati). I had ordered one from one of the local dealers but I started getting worried that they weren't going to be able to deliver after speaking with them a few times.

I ended up going onto several dealer's websites until I found one that had one listed in stock with a # 7 package, called to confirm availability and order, and then I drove down on a Saturday to pick it up.

Hope you enjoy the Prius. Honk if you see a Driftwood Pearl in Hilliard, it'll be me or maybe one of my neighbors who just got one too.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Michigan dealer was posting on a Prius forum that he had the Prius available. I paid under MSRP. I didn't plan to buy the extended warranty. This is my fourth Toyota, and I'm convinced they know how to built a car. When they have screwed up, they have totally covered it. I have a 1998 Camry that Toyota rebuilt the engine on when it had 80,000 (free of charge). All I had to do was prove I had gotten the scheduled oil changes.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jeff,

I also saw that article. I must say, I called MANY dealers and only found two willing to accept an offer lower than MSRP (the other was in Virginia and didn't have what I wanted). I guess they all know a good thing when they have it. The dealership in Michigan had posted that they sell on the concept of volume - the more they sell, the more Toyota will send them (makes sense to me). Of course, I need to fly there to pick up my car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.