Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On December 8, 2003 I wandered into a Toyota dealer(recommended by my Credit Union)to purchase a Prius. To date I am still waiting for my Tideland Pearl, package 9 hybrid. The dealer did call me to advise me that a package 7 was available in this color but, sticking to my guns, I decided to hold out for what I really wanted. Oh where, oh where can my little car be? I even told him that there's an extra fiver for him if he gets it to me quickly(just kidding). :roll:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Is that all ? I order my last week and the estimated date is Sept 2006.
I am not kidding. The dealer get about 5 to 7 a month and I am on the end of the line which is 142. Grrrrr

·
Registered
319 Posts
Sorry about all of you guys' wait times. I spoke with a guy at the dealer a couple of weeks ago and he said that the Increase in production should be seen sometime in August. Hopefully what he said is true, but who can trust what people at dealers say when they give you a 3 month time period in Nov. and still don't have it. :lol:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ordered a package #3 in May from Longo (#1 in sales in the world) and they said a 2005 model around December. No price except that it will most likely be higher. Will see.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I talked to my first Toyota dealership back in March. They wanted a $500 deposit but since they were a bit of a drive (and it was my first call!), I elected to not go that route. But they did take my name and phone number. I called almost every other Toyota dealership in the LA area and ended up putting a $200 deposit at another dealership closer to where I live in April. Here's the weird part - the first salesman actually called/calls me about once every other week offering me either the wrong color or wrong package (I stuck to my guns. Want a Blue #9). The dealer who has my deposit has changed the wait time every time I call (Sept. then July, now back to Sept/Oct). Two days ago the no deposit dealer calls and says my car is arriving this Friday! :D I should have it next week. The bad thing is they are charging $1500 over MSRP. :cry: I didn't have anything in writing from them about MSRP and I know the 2005 will be higher priced, so I committed to buying it. At least I'll have it before my boss moves the company another 20 miles away from where I live. (Oh joy - a 50 mile one-way commute!) I don't have anything in writing from the dealer where I left the deposit, either, just a verbal MSRP statement, so that could change, too, by the time it comes in. I don't like being overcharged, but at least it's not $5000 over sticker. THAT I would have balked at.

So, if anyone is on the list at Norwalk Toyota, you're about to move up a notch!

·
Registered
6 Posts
When I shopped for mine I had 3 regional dealers to choose from. One wanted a $2500 premium charge just to take the order. :eek: The second wanted only a $500 premium charge. :? Rice Totota in Greensboro NC did not charge any premium and ask only for a $500 deposit to be applied to the invoice at delivery. They told us to expect the car in 6 months. The car came in 3. 2004 black level 9 :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts