Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today had to give up my rental 2006 Prius and was mightily sad to return to my big, gas-gizzlin' 4Runner. I rented this car because, being a 6'5" gentleman, I wanted to make sure that it was comfortable enough to drive regularly.

My biggest complaint is not the leg room. I have long since given up on stretching out my legs in most cars. My biggest complaint is the inability to lower the seat. I was able to do this in my 1996 VW Golf and it made all the difference in terms of comfort and visibility.

I have seen reference to the 2007 Prius and the possibility of a "Touring Edition." Does anyone know (or believe) that Toyota will offer a more adjustable seat in the 2007 model? I seems to me that the seat and it's lack of adjustments is one of the few common Prius complaints, so it would make sense to me that Toyota would address this in future models.

I am in no rush to get something now and the 2006 tax credit is less important to me than overall comfort. Again, being 6'5", I'm used to paying a little more for things that fit my frame. So, what can you guys tell me? Any news I'm not seeing out there about the 2007 Prius?

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
The seat comfort was questioned since "day 1" of the 04. I believe owners talked themselves into the fact that the seats would do, because of the outstanding milage figures. Although the Camry has always had comfortable seats Toyota saw no reason for any change in the 05, and 06 Prius, so I wouldn't hold my breadth for the 07's. (maybe a side view TV.)

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
Ken, this webpage indicates that G.M. offers Recaros in their cars from the factory but the page for info on other manufacturers offering them is now unavailable.
Does Toyota offer them in the Prius?
Wouldn't it be great if Toyota even offered the Camry seats in the Prius. That would even solve the side airbag problem which you get involved in with an attempt to switch seats yourself.

·
Registered
101 Posts
People have been complaining about the seats for years, and Toyota hasn't changed them. My guess is that they won't change them until they introduce the next generation Prius (if then). Most people now think the next generation will be out in 2008. But if they are close to having a battery suitable for a plug-in (i.e., that will give a ten- to twenty-mile all-electric range), I suppose they may wait until that is ready and introduce a plug-in Prius. (Because of all the advertising they did to reassure buyers that they DON'T have to plug in a Prius, I wonder if the first plug-in might be offered as an option.)

·
Registered
466 Posts
hyperion said:
Ken, this webpage indicates that G.M. offers Recaros in their cars from the factory but the page for info on other manufacturers offering them is now unavailable.
Does Toyota offer them in the Prius?
I don't think Toyota is offering any OEM Recaro seats for any vehicle.
My suggestion was buying aftermarket ones.
Wouldn't it be great if Toyota even offered the Camry seats in the Prius. That would even solve the side airbag problem which you get involved in with an attempt to switch seats yourself.
I believe every Toyota vehicle uses their own designed seats meeting their requirements and costs.

Anyway, some drivers like Recaro seats and they keep their own seats moving the Recaro seats from previous car to new car.

[email protected]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.