Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I was just wondering, my dealer said that the package 8 in Driftwood would take a couple of months, and I already sold my old Prius, and I'm taking the train to work. I'm managing, but getting a little antsy to be on the road again. He keeps suggesting that i just get the package 7 and then add the leather, but my instinct wants me to get the true Toyota factory leather. Is there a difference? Should I wait or just go to the dealer and take the 7 and add the leather slipcovers?

·
Registered
9 Posts
We got the package 7 and dealer add-on leather (just exactly as you describe). The add-on is VERY nice...a bit on the firm side but nice. It also included leather on the center console and on the door arm rests. Very professional look. I understand the factory set is the perforated style (which we really did not care for).
We are very happy with the look, feel and value of the add-on. Our main concern was the air-bag deployment but have been assured that the leather is appropriately single stitched in the proper places to allow them to function.
BTW..we got the same basic story about availability from our dealer well after we ordered our car (in Spetember for January delivery). We didn't find out until the 2nd of January that the car would be another couple of months if we wanted factory leather. We opted for the immediate satisfaction and it has turned out well for us.

·
Registered
215 Posts
leather

When I bought my 2005 last May they didn't offer factory leather—the only option being an add-on. I also didn't care for the perforations, and am very happy with what I got. It's entirely professional-looking and durable. I see no reason to wait. The only difference I can see is the factory leather has some pleating in the rear seats that mine doesn't have. It's neither good nor bad, just different.

marlowe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.