Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel so lucky as to how I got my Prius. I started reading this forum a few days and I was like I can't wait till I can be apart of it. My story goes like this. Previously I drove a '05 Ford F-150. This week I finally got fed up of pumping my truck with about 80 bucks a week for gas. Went last Tuesday to the dealership to take a look and see what was up on the vehicle. Luckily enough for me the Fleet manager was the salesman to come up to me. He showed me on the computer that they had some coming in and that he would call me when one was available. I phoned the guy a day later to just kinda let him know i was really serious about it. Friday night while on the phone the Fleet manager called me and was like how fast can you get here we got one. I about jumpe thru the ceiling. Purchased my Salsa Red Prius friday night and finalized it that Sat morning. I feel special that I was able to get one so fast while others have had to wait months. Here's my car Ruby.

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
Moblack,
It's a beauty! I love my Prius and the one and only thing I would change would be the color as Salsa Red is my favorite. But with a Prius, pretty much you take what you can get. Enjoy!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Welcome to the world of Salsa Red! 8)

·
Registered
298 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the forum. How about telling us a little about your new baby? What package did you get? What do you like/dislike so far?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Congratulations! Beautiful car!! I also lucked out and had no waiting list experience at all for our car. It was sitting on the lot, not spoken for and just waiting for me to happen by. If your car is anything like ours, you'll love it!! Enjoy!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
janets98 said:
Congratulations and welcome to the forum. How about telling us a little about your new baby? What package did you get? What do you like/dislike so far?
Umm when I got my car it had 1 mile on it. Had just been pulled into the lot. I also have package 5 on my vehicle. As a matter of I need to call them to get my first aid kit that is supposed to come with my vehicle. So far the only thing that is iwerd to me is the steering whell doesn't go up real high. I don't like the cloth on the arm rest that should of been some type of plastic maybe. I really could care less because the car gets 60 mpg says the EPA. Coming from a V-8 motor I couldnt complain about this. The screen in the car is freaking awesome.

Also I thought this was a funny tidbit. I'm only 23 and this is my 5th vehicle and I drive a Prius package 5.

·
Registered
35 Posts
moblack
congrats on ur car....it seems that we both got our new red salsas on the same day..... only i had to wait 2 weeks.....i found a dealer who sold at msrp & didnt charge all the dealer prep.....had a wonderful experience.... & now i am truly enjoying this car........mine came with 3 miles.... but she was made for me!! however, my 1st choice was tideland pearl.... but a red salsa (option 5) became available & i could wait no longer for such a wonderful car & the color is really growing on me!...... i am the 1st at my job & everyone is truly curious..... i know it will be different for u (coming from a truck) ......enjoy & have fun!! good luck!
cocoa :p

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Hey, welcome to the club of the ever elusive package 5. I see very few of them around my locale.

My turnaround was about 2.5 weeks from actually hammering out the deal with a dealer until it arrived at his dealership. It had 2 miles on it when I got it. I don't get the impression you had specified package 5, however I did and as such my dealer had to do a trade with another dealer out of his allocation to secure a package 5. He was the only dealer I talked to that was serious about getting one in that met my specifications. The rest of the dealers I talked to were like, "well, we get cars every now and then, we'll call you when something close to what you want comes in." Not acceptable.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Oh what a beautiful "Salsa Red" Prius in your driveway ! But a Dodge truck
next to the beauty ? Get a Toyota Truck as well !

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
C.Rickey Hirose said:
Thats a truck that was given to me while in college by my father that was brand new. Heck I don't pay the notes or insurance on it and its mine. Its a dodge but its FREE.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
moblack said:
C.Rickey Hirose said:
Thats a truck that was given to me while in college by my father that was brand new. Heck I don't pay the notes or insurance on it and its mine. Its a dodge but its FREE.
Ok,OK. When you get tired of the "DAKOTA" and when Toyota comes out
with the Hybrid Truck replacement will be inmminent !

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
C.Rickey Hirose said:
moblack said:
[quote="C.Rickey Hirose":2tzs74vy]Oh what a beautiful "Salsa Red" Prius in your driveway ! But a Dodge truck
Ok,OK. When you get tired of the "DAKOTA" and when Toyota comes out
with the Hybrid Truck replacement will be inmminent ![/quote:2tzs74vy]

No it won't! You failed to read the part where I said my truck is FREE. I just got rid of my 05 Ford F 150 for a hybrid I'm not trying to buy any time of truck anytime soon. I made the mistake once thinking that what I watned. I'm sticking with the Prius and waiting on the Camry Hybrid to come out to purchase it. Trucks in this day n age are a no no if you dont work on a farm or have something to pull. the 1st reason is what i use mine for.

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
I couldn't have bought my Prius except for my old Chevy pick-up. I make at least nine trips to the town compost pile with raked up leaves a year. At least four full loads of tree branches brought down by our winter blizzards and just finished refreshing my circular drive with five yards of driveway stone. Pull my boat to the launching ramp each spring and back home each fall. Also is an ideal second car during those snow storms when the roads are full of slush, salt, and sand.
For this type of retired living the Prius is a toy. Our main mode of transportation but would never fit in the slot as a main family car.
I'm not sure a hybrid pick-up truck could ever cut it if it relys on a power transfer unit rather than a transmission.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
I am sure it could. If it can work for a train, it can work for a truck. Granted, a train doesn't have a PSD...yet. The PSD would be scaled for the load, as is done for the Highlander, Escape and even the Lexus. Also, extra motors can be added at each axle or wheel for more torque and better control of said torque.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts