Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The radio in my '04 Salsa has a volume control knob that can be pushed in to lock in and is pushed again to be released so it remains out and used. I'm almost afraid to ask this question, but can anyone tell me why? I doesn't seem to do anything differently when it is depressed. Hmmm :roll:

·
Registered
425 Posts
whatshisname said:
The radio in my '04 Salsa has a volume control knob that can be pushed in to lock in and is pushed again to be released so it remains out and used. I'm almost afraid to ask this question, but can anyone tell me why? I doesn't seem to do anything differently when it is depressed. Hmmm :roll:
I have one of those on my test car as well. Strange.
:roll:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wild theory follows:

Design feature. Since there are corresponding buttons on the steering wheel, the knobs can be pushed in and 'hidden' if not used. :?

/Paj

·
Registered
26 Posts
Right on

swepri is right. The same is true for the tuning knob, if you haven't noticed. Also, while the functionality is the same, I think it would be hard use that knob when it's pushed in.
Basically, if you don't need it, you can "stow" it away so that it doesn't stick out and collect dust. and maybe look better....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts