Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my Driftwood Pearl #9 and bought the 100k warranty. Amongst other things I'm doing to the car I wanted to change the rims and tires for better handling/looking package. The salesman told me it would effect the readings on the instrument clusters and could void the warranty. Is anyone educated on what exactly the rules are regarding wheels and rims in relation to the warranty. I've seen a few posts on aftermarket rims and tires and the offsett and size options but bottom line is if it screws up your warranty, why do it?

·
Registered
190 Posts
That's crap, Toyota Japan sales upgrade wheels for the '04 Prius. While it is true that if you don't get the right wheel and tire, you will affect your travel readings, it should never VOID any part of the warranty.

greenmachine said:
Just picked up my Driftwood Pearl #9 and bought the 100k warranty. Amongst other things I'm doing to the car I wanted to change the rims and tires for better handling/looking package. The salesman told me it would effect the readings on the instrument clusters and could void the warranty. Is anyone educated on what exactly the rules are regarding wheels and rims in relation to the warranty. I've seen a few posts on aftermarket rims and tires and the offsett and size options but bottom line is if it screws up your warranty, why do it?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Joel said:
That's crap, Toyota Japan sales upgrade wheels for the '04 Prius. While it is true that if you don't get the right wheel and tire, you will affect your travel readings, it should never VOID any part of the warranty.

greenmachine said:
Joel is right. Take anything that anyone at a dealership tells you about the Prius with a 10 lb. bag of salt. I'm not saying they are purposely trying to decieve you, they just don't know what they are talking about. Go straight to Toyota, USA and, if possible, get something in writing.
Moo :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts