Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Prius. When I use the voice recognition system and say "AM Radio," the system reponds correctly verbally (i.e., it says "AM Radio" back to me), but it doesn't change to the AM Radio. Anyone else have this problem?

Steve

·
Registered
30 Posts
Funny you should mention, I was just test driving a 2005 Prius and said "Bullshit!" and the voice recognition replied "AM Radio" (No lie!)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same Problem!!!

I have a new 2006 and noticed the same problem. I was afraid that I was the only one to have the problem. I say 'AM', the text and the voice repeat it to me, but nada! I am going to ask the dealer about it.

·
Registered
199 Posts
If you tell it something totally stupid then it does things to get back at you!!
I was trying to get it to say the "system does not recognise that command" but it decided that I wanted the temperature set to 80 degrees, it was a bit too toasty in there for a while. My friend and I were laughing so hard that we missed our turn and went by an apartment where the guy upstairs was running around naked....maybe the car set us up?!?!

·
Registered
610 Posts
:roll: I have ALWAYS had strange responses to my voice requests in my 2004. (That was the inspiration to name her "Ernestine" after Lili Tomlin's telephone characted from Laugh In years back.) Seems about half the time, her response makes sense.

FUNNY, the voice system on my new LG VX8100 cellphone is also "less than wonderful." However, I CAN understand the Prius responses much better that the phone, even if they are wrong.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Weird. :?

My 2005 recognizes "AM Radio," the woman under the dash responds with same, and it switches to the AM radio without a problem.

It's just the other things that it screws up on. Too bad it doesn't have some sort of training mode to learn one's voice better than it does.

I say "Potato." She says "Thai Restaurant" --- or so it seems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts