Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe it work but too complicated for me

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent about an hour trying to get my Map voice system to work.

Has anybody figuired this thing out....

I hit talk button on wheel.

Then say "Map"...
...then "Enter Destination"
...then "Home"...

and it responds "Map is showing ski resort Icons"...

What's that all about ... its August for God's sake...

·
Registered
82 Posts
I spent about an hour trying to get my Map voice system to work.

Has anybody figuired this thing out....

I hit talk button on wheel.

Then say "Map"...
...then "Enter Destination"
...then "Home"...

and it responds "Map is showing ski resort Icons"...

What's that all about ... its August for God's sake...
I LOVED YOUR COMMENTS! THE MAP DVD IS MY ABSOLUTE NEMESIS. I HOPE I CAN FIGURE IT ALL OUT WITHOUT DRAINING THE ENTIRE BATTERY POWER IN DOING SO. I NEED TO GO TO TOYOTA UNIVERSITY SCHOOL TO LEARN HOW TO USE THAT PART OF THE CAR SUCCESSFULLY! AND THEN-- EVEN THEN-- I MIGHT ALSO GET "SKI RESORTS" IN AUGUST!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
major break though on voice commands

Hey,

I got a major break though on voice commands…

First, after hitting command button on steering wheel, say “POI Off”, this frees the map to display what you want.

Then next (after punching wheel command button) say, “Chinese Restaurant” and a bunch of restaurant icons appear on screen.

Note that you must be in Map mode for these commands to work and you may need to “Zoom In” or “Zoom out for Icons to work in general…

Other non map commands like “AM”, “FM”, and “72 Degrees” are also fun.

One small step for man kind…

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well, you all are farther along than I am... I can't figure out how to program the voice thing at all.... I know, read the manual......

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
EcoMama said:
Well, you all are farther along than I am... I can't figure out how to program the voice thing at all.... I know, read the manual......
The manual only tells you how to give a voice command. The commands are preset, you cannot program it. and, I'd guess that maybe only 1/3 of the time you give a voice command, will the system correctly recognize it...

Voice commands: http://www.vfaq.net/docs/Prius_NAV_Voice_commands.html
see page 125 of your 2004 Prius Navigation Owner's manual for inputing in a voice command.

The voice commands and more info is also in the user guide document: http://john1701a.com/prius/prius-userguide.htm

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have found that while in the map mode you just have to push the button on the steering wheel and say "Home" and it will direct you home (providing you have entered your address). Also I have had hardly any trouble with it recognizing my commands. My husband, who is on the radio nationwide, has some trouble. He has a very clear voice. I think that it just does a better job with some voices than others. Only a few times has it not brought up the correct restaurants. I love it. Keep the windows up when giving a command, that helps. I"m short and maybe sitting up closer to the speaker makes it eaiser.

Good luck, Jill

·
Registered
319 Posts
It took the longest for me to learn how to program the Home button and the others, but once I did, just saying "Home" has gotten my out of the middle of no-where so many times! 8)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts