Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Could anybody tell me: Can you use voice commands in a package #6 Prius to control climate and sound system?

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
jr0227 said:
Hi,
Could anybody tell me: Can you use voice commands in a package #6 Prius to control climate and sound system?
Yes, it's possible - that is, if you can get the Lady in the Dash to listen to you. I think in the unofficial owner's guide that John has put together, there's a list of commands that are supposed to work.

The lady hates me, so we don't speak right now.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
jr0227 said:
Hi,
Those are actually the commands I use most often and find that are best understood (as opposed to the oft misunderstood NAV commands).

"Temperture 68 degrees" or "Sat One" work great.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
efusco said:
"Temperture 68 degrees" or "Sat One" work great.
I find that I can get to "Satellite Radio One" with just about any mouth full of gibberish... I think it's the default when all else fails.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
My wife can even direct the car's speed and direction with voice commands from the passenger side. :roll:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Hep said:
My wife can even direct the car's speed and direction with voice commands from the passenger side. :roll:
I sure hope my wife doesn't read that... she'll say "Why can't we get that feature"

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
melgish said:
Hep said:
I sure hope my wife doesn't read that... she'll say "Why can't we get that feature"
Careful, Melgish... YOURS has the "wife telepathy" feature. She doesn't even NEED the voice system! ::::shudder:::: :shock:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Sanny said:
Careful, Melgish... YOURS has the "wife telepathy" feature. She doesn't even NEED the voice system! ::::shudder:::: :shock:
Have you got my house bugged?

Melgish: "Did you get any beer?"

Mrs. Melgish: "How the hell was I supposed to know you wanted beer?"

Melgish: "I was sending you a telepathic message the whole time you were out."

Mrs. Melgish: "And what's wrong with the cell phone?"

·
Registered
39 Posts
This thread makes me glad I'm still single :D

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
melgish said:
Sanny said:
Have you got my house bugged?

Melgish: "Did you get any beer?"

Mrs. Melgish: "How the hell was I supposed to know you wanted beer?"

Melgish: "I was sending you a telepathic message the whole time you were out."

Mrs. Melgish: "And what's wrong with the cell phone?"
I actually put Cuervo Gold Tequilla on the grocery list this week. And she bought it! I do love that girl! And it's not just the tequilla.
:D

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
All right, I know I am "king of off topic" but I guess alcohol and cars pushes the limit. Sorry. :)

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
mgaelli said:
Hep said:
All right, I know I am "king of off topic" but I guess alcohol and cars pushes the limit. Sorry. :)
And coffee and Minnesota drivers does not ??? :twisted:
You are confusing coffee and cell phones. They MUST cause brain damage!

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
mgaelli said:
coffee and cell phones. They MUST cause brain damage!
Coffee AND cell phones? Now it's getting really dangerous!! :lol:
Don't slurp and dial... New public service announcement. :D

·
Registered
150 Posts
melgish said:
I find that I can get to "Satellite Radio One" with just about any mouth full of gibberish... I think it's the default when all else fails.
The default response for my car seems to be to show me Chinese restaurants. I hope it doesn't have anything to do with the fact that I am Chinese.

Louie

·
Registered
9 Posts
*sigh*

The one word the car WILL NOT recognise for me 9 out of 10 times is... Yes. It *ALWAYS* thinks I'm saying 'gas'. *The tank is FULL! I JUST FED YOU!* That's me screaming at the car ;)

So, I'm going to sit in the car on the 2 hour trip down to the inlaws tomorrow and just keep saying 'quick access number two" to set their house as the nav point, then 'delete all destinations', then YES (and not GAS) for a reply. Prolly interspersed with a lot of "POI Off" which it does quite well.

Oh well. I wish they'd use confirm in addition to 'yes'.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts