Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best way of removing the tenacious airbag warning label from the visors? I used Goo-Gone on my OTP. It took a certain amount of effort and was a little rough on the vinyl. I don't know what would be the effect on the fabric on the Prius visor.

·
Registered
85 Posts
On the last few cars I have had, I have left them on, But my brohter tried to remove the ones on his Jetta a few years ago and ended up ripping the fabric. If the stickers really bother you, I am sure you can order new visors from Toyota or a parts dealer that would not have the stickers on them. Granted they would probably be expensive. I am leaving them on, as it doesn't bother me.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Visor stickers

As I learned on one of the chat groups, you may use an electric iron and a damp washcloth. Steaming and fingernail-picking is a slow process and you will still see the rectangles were the stickers were.

Another thought was to just cover them over with other, more attractive images.

Have also heard that it is illegal in the US to resell the car without those stickers. Suit yourselves.

DAS

·
Registered
257 Posts
Re: Visor stickers

tochatihu said:
As I learned on one of the chat groups, you may use an electric iron and a damp washcloth. Steaming and fingernail-picking is a slow process and you will still see the rectangles were the stickers were.

Another thought was to just cover them over with other, more attractive images.

Have also heard that it is illegal in the US to resell the car without those stickers. Suit yourselves.

DAS
You might try the Visor Glove, from the Knobmeister.

http://www.knobmeister.com/

They are designed for the 1994 and newer Mazda Miata, but may fit on other vehicles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts