Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously, can't go five minutes outside without seeing at least one. They have Prius cabs too! Prius capitol of NA?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Joel said:
Seriously, can't go five minutes outside without seeing at least one. They have Prius cabs too! Prius capitol of NA?
According to a Toyota official (in an article published in the local paper,) Portland, Oregon has the highest per capita* Prius sales in the U.S. Didn't mention Canada. It might have been a U.S.-centric story, and he meant all of North America, but I don't know for sure.

*It was detailed in the story that Portland is the number two market for total sales, but as a 'per resident', and a 'per new car sold', the Portland Metro area was number one. ('Portland Metro' includes both the approx 600,000 population of the city of Portland proper, plus the approx 1.4 million of the surrounding suburbs, including Vancouver, WA; totalling about 2 million in the 'Metro' region.)

edit: WTF? The 'hint' box shows 'x-small' as a valid font size in its example, but the real font size is 'tiny'.
Double WTF?! You can't even use the names in the drop-down box, you have to use numbers!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Visiting Vancouver, B C -Prius EVERYWHERE

Why? The price of gas! We pay, today, $3.718 US per US gallon here in Vancouver.
wfjw

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Re: Visiting Vancouver, B C -Prius EVERYWHERE

wfjw said:
Why? The price of gas! We pay, today, $3.718 US per US gallon here in Vancouver.
wfjw
Wow, over $1.00/L? You poor 'triple digit' guy. :p It's $2.699USD/gal for me. Still insanely expensive by Portland standards. It cost me $40 to fill up the SUV last week. And that was only 2/3 of a tank! Luckily it was the first fillup for the SUV in over 2 months. Shows how little use it gets now.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Well it IS $1.179/litre right now.

·
Registered
30 Posts
We took a trip last spring to Victoria B.C. shortly after we purchased our Prius. We noticed the same thing in Victoria as you mentioned about Vancouver, B.C. - there were Prius cars everywhere - including a bunch of Prius taxi cabs. We haven't seen so many Prii anywhere else - but we haven't been to Vancouver B.C. for many years.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Leaving Vancouver now - enjoyed your weather and people - Stanley park is gorgeous. Back to Houston, TX - land'o the SUV and pick'em up truck.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Hey, I saw a white Prius but I don't think it was you.

It was debadged (except for HSD emblem), dark tinted and had the trim rings removed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
In Central Wisconsin. We have 3 on our block!! We have strangers stop in just to look at it. Gotta keep the garage door closed or people will walk right in

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I took the heel-toe-express almost the entire time I was in Vancouver. No Prius action.

Tideland Prius said:
Hey, I saw a white Prius but I don't think it was you.

It was debadged (except for HSD emblem), dark tinted and had the trim rings removed.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Ahh I see.

Hmm, I just came back from Victoria. I think they're beating us in Prius count. I've counted more in 2 days that I see here in a week.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
ehurtley said:
According to a Toyota official (in an article published in the local paper,) Portland, Oregon has the highest per capita* Prius sales in the U.S.
I can beat that. The per capita Prius sales in my household is 1 per person. :shock: :wink:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
An04Prius said:
ehurtley said:
According to a Toyota official (in an article published in the local paper,) Portland, Oregon has the highest per capita* Prius sales in the U.S.
I can beat that. The per capita Prius sales in my household is 1 per person. :shock: :wink:
heh. I have a distant cousin who can even beat that. 2. He lives alone, and has a 2001 and a 2005 Prius. (He is selling the classic, but wanted to have both for a month or two of 'overlap' to compare them.) Even better, he lives on a 'ranch' in rural Eastern Oregon, so one can say that the Prius-to-person ratio is 2 over a 50 square mile area. (I know there is a neighborhood in Portland that has about 20 Priuses in 10 square blocks; that might win for 'Prius per square mile.')

1 - 13 of 13 Posts