Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do the little Velcro strips provided with the ScanGauge II stay put if you mount them in a place that is often in the hot sun, or do they come loose after a while and need to be replaced?

I ask this because of trouble I've had with Velcro mounts in my Volvo. These all have come loose due to the heat of the sun. All have had to be replaced.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I've been using "velcro tape" to hold my GPS for years now, with no problems. If the dash was ever treated with armour all you will have to wash the part you're going to stick the tape on with aggressive detergent first.

My Scangauge II is now using the same velcro strip the GPS used in my Pathfinder - been on there since 2000.

I recommend putting the "hook" side on the dash. The "loop" side will then go on the device. This way, if you put the device in your pocket, you will not get "hooked". ;) If you're cleaning the dash with a cloth or paper towel, be careful around the velcro - the hooks will snag some of the lint from the towel and it will look, well, linty.

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
The scan guage mounts directly on the top of the Prius dash and as such has no weight pulling on the velcro. It just keeps the scan guage from "sliding" out of position. Now the two little velcro pieces which hold the wire to the OB2 port are a different matter. The wire falls naturally down the front of the dash but under the curve I use little velcro strips to hold the wire tight under the "curve." Believe I just might have to re- fashion a couple of bigger straps with more surface holding power against the dash for those.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.