Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have started embarking on my install of an OEM EV button, and while I have the button, its harness, as well as the pin that plugs into the ECU, I still have a few missing part numbers I was hoping someone might be able to help me track down. I was interested in doing something similar to the Y harness installation (http://www.vfaq.net/mods/EV-button-Y.html) so I was wondering if anyone had part numbers on the dimmer switch connector. I was also looking for the numbers for the pins that connect to the back of the EV button.

Thanks for any help :D
Sam

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is a great article, thanks! I was hoping to avoid doing the wire tap option. The original plan was to purchase another rheostat connector, the male plug found on the existing harness (it's actually connector R7, which I finally found the part number for, 90980-11989, if anyone cares) I would have to then manufacture a female version of the R7 connector that would mate with the existing wire harness connector, which would let me Y off to my EV button and the spare rheostat connector, so everything would be "plug and play" with no splicing and easy reversibility. I actually RE-ed and modeled the connector I needed (as no such thing would exist), and sent it off to get a quote for growing in an HD-SLA process, and that is were my plan came to a crashing halt, as I found that ordering anything under 100 of them would cost me $220 a pop. So I think after all that, I'm just going to end up buying the wire taps. But if anyone wants a STL model of the magic plug, it's yours :roll:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts