Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mentioned in a prior post about the arrival of the early V W's to this country in the early fifties and how the first owners were so obnoxious around the office about their tremendous gas milage that their fellow employees started adding gas to their vehicles for several weeks until they were finding figures in the 100 plus MPG range. Then they started adruptly syphoning gas out of their tanks! This ending the constant bragging and the post promted someone "e" mailing me a German commercial for the VW "Solo." I'm trying to get a "url" but the best I can do is describe it as it is in video form.
Starts with a "middle eastern" gentleman wearing sunglasses and an "Arafat" type neck piece coming down the stairs of a "brownstone" apt building and getting into the drivers seat of a right hand drive VW.
You see him driving down a boulevard and pulling up to the curb in front of an outdoor cafe with many people, families with children all having lunch.
You then see the driver reach into his lap and coming up with a radio controlled detonator and pushing the button. There is a huge explosion inside the car but not even a window breaks.
Then the VW logo is posted with the statement: POLO, "small but tough!"
I just had to google VW Polo. Neat little sedan!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Here's the link to the VW Polo Viral Ad along with some explanation about where it came from. Definitely not sanctioned by VW...

·
Registered
110 Posts
i remember when the original bug was real popular , i think it was the newyorker magazine had a blck and white cartoon that showed cars bumper to bumper all the way to the moon and sure enough there was a vw bug pulling out to try to pass them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts