Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone in California who supports hybrid vehicle use of the HOV lanes by driver only occupied vehicles should comment on the legislation before April 12 when Assembly Bill 2628 will be discussed in the Transportation Committee. It is easy to do by going to http://www.assembly.ca.gov/legcomment and entering Assembly and bill number 2628. Check off support and add a comment if you like.
Letters to your state assemblymember would also be in order.

I'd appreciate a quick e-mail note letting me know that you sent either a comment or a letter so that we can gauge our numbers here in CA. I have been informed that letters from Prius Clubs will carry more weight, so please contact me ASAP if you have formed or are forming one so that I can pass on more specific info to you.

Thanks,

·
Registered
50 Posts
Re: URGENT ALERT- California HOV Lane Usage Bill Hearing 4-1

Sev said:
Everyone in California who supports hybrid vehicle use of the HOV lanes by driver only occupied vehicles should comment on the legislation before April 12 when Assembly Bill 2628 will be discussed in the Transportation Committee. It is easy to do by going to http://www.assembly.ca.gov/legcomment and entering Assembly and bill number 2628. Check off support and add a comment if you like.
Letters to your state assemblymember would also be in order.
The bill in question sets a fuel economy and emissions standard (45mpg highway and AT-PZEV, or ULEV for 2004 and earlier cars). Specifying "hybrid" is not necessary nor desirable, since that would require revisiting the bill if a future vehicle technology that does not fall into the definition of "hybrid" attains those fuel economy and emissions standards.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Sev,
Your resrvations are noted and correct. However at this point, this is what we have to work with for now. This bill has been written, amended and is being pushed through. Getting this passed is at least a foot in the door toward concessions for those willing to make the effort to reduce our dependance on fossil fuel and drive these small, moderatly uncomfortable, however very fuel efficient vehicles. When new technology finally hits the road, and it looks like that will be no time soon, ammendments to this bill should be easier to get through than passing a whole new bill with a new concept altoghter.

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts