Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oooh, it coulda been AWFUL! Decaf venti latte.... PLONK! All over the floor. Carpet sucked it up, blotting didn't help. A glance to the passenger seat this morning, and there was CHOCOLATE on the seat! Melted, rubbed in by passenger's bottom.

HORRORS!!! :shock:

It was only sheer willpower that kept me from weeping. :cry:

Went to the local Depot and got a small upholstery cleaner hot water/vac thingy. Amazing! The latte came up, as I figured it would. I had little hope for the chocolate, though. That microfiber fabric on the seats (not scotchguarded or treated) is quite something! Ground in melted chocolate all gone! :) YAY!!!

:::happy dance:::

Gotta love this car!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I would suggest going over the latte area multiple times with that upholstery vac thing. The milk in the latte can be a trouble maker. A few years back I spilled a latte on my car's floor. I thought I had it all swabbed up. But like 3 days later you know that smell of old milk. My car had it bad. It took a lot of shampooing and air drying on hot days. Eventually it was smelling nice again. But the more of that milk you can get out now, the better you'll be in 3 day's time.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did keep slurping with the vac thingy until the water came up clear, but you're probably right. Nothin worse than a dead and decaying latte. eeeeew.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Sanny said:
Oooh, it coulda been AWFUL! Decaf venti latte.... PLONK! All over the floor. Carpet sucked it up, blotting didn't help. A glance to the passenger seat this morning, and there was CHOCOLATE on the seat! Melted, rubbed in by passenger's bottom.

HORRORS!!! :shock:

It was only sheer willpower that kept me from weeping. :cry:

Went to the local Depot and got a small upholstery cleaner hot water/vac thingy. Amazing! The latte came up, as I figured it would. I had little hope for the chocolate, though. That microfiber fabric on the seats (not scotchguarded or treated) is quite something! Ground in melted chocolate all gone! :) YAY!!!

:::happy dance:::

Gotta love this car!
two words: sippy cup

1 - 4 of 4 Posts