Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I get my smartkey to unlock all doors when approaching drivers side? Also I left my keys in the car for the first time last night and the car wouldn't lock! Awesome!

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
damon728 said:
Also I left my keys in the car for the first time last night and the car wouldn't lock! Awesome!
Although this is a great safety feature, it is not foolproof. There are deadzones in the car where the fob can't be detected. If the fob is not detected in the car, whether because it isn't in the car, it is in a dead zone or it is being interfered with by another device or container, or the battery is weak then the car will lock. Therefore don't get into a bad habit of accidentally or even intentionally leaving the keys in the car and trying to lock it.
It might be a good idea to duplicate the 'emergency' key and hid that key outside the car in case somehow the fob is not properly detected in the car and it is locked inside.

·
Registered
610 Posts
:) Howdy damon728

Since your Profile and Signature do not indicate the year model of your Prius or the package and options, sometimes a responder can't be sure how to provide an accurate answer. I recommend you modify your Profile and Signature to indicate the year model and options of your Prius.

My 2007 Owner's Manual provides detail of how to program the fob to open all doors at once - Page 32 "Changing the Doors to be Locked" Section 2-1 "Operation of Instruments and Controls" - "Keys and Doors" It works.

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Obviously he has SKS, so it would have to be anywhere from a 2004-2007, which all use the same method to change the SKS mode of operation.

The 2 clues of SKS were that he was discussing approaching a particular door and getting a particular response. The second clue was not being able to lock the keys in the car. Granted, he could have meant that he had them in the ignition/slot, which still would have not allowed the car to lock even without SKS.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts