Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At approximately 3/4 through my current tank of gas, I went to check my mpg. To my surprise, the mileage counter had been reset and was now back to 0. Now, I certainly didn't reset it intentionally. And, since it takes a couple of specific button hits, I can't imagine that I did it accidentally.

Has anyone had this happen before?

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I've done it when in the "Consumption" screen. I was dusting the screen off while waiting for a friend and hit the reset soft button. It's very easy to do as it doesn't take any pressure.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have reset accidently many times. Passengers have also reset the mpg accidently. It really only takes very slight pressure on the right spot of the screen. Just brushing dust off can cause a reset.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
reset

I guess what I'm saying is that I didn't go anywhere near the reset button (at least not to my knowledge). That's why this is so perplexing. It seems that the reset kicked in without my doing ANYTHING!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Reset mine accidently once when lowering the temperature using the MFD. Waited too long and just as I was hitting the screen it changed back to the Consumption screen. The reset button is in the same place as the lower temperature button :(

Now I make sure to only use the buttons on the steering wheel....

Cheers,
Jeff

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
If you climbed (or decended) a long steep hill, perhaps the gas gauge thought you were lower on gas than you were; then when you leveled, it thought you added the 3 gallons or so required to auto-reset the meter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts