Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter and I left a movie theater last week to hear laughter coming from a young couple parked near us. They nearly tried to enter my car. Seems they also have a blue 2005 Prius purchased last March from the same dealer. Turns out they test drove my car, were promised it, and were later told it was already sold. That same hour I was filling out papers for my car after being told the people it was supposed to go to couldn't take possession of it immediately. Essentially my car should have been theirs. Interesting how salesmen can change some facts to make a sale never expecting the customers to meet and share the real truth.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Hi Evander, Happy New Year !

Yes the "Test Drive" I always ask permission from a rightful owner of that Prius arriving soon to let me show and test drive theisr cars to prospecting customers if and when my dealer TRAC car is out. 90% of them joyfully agrees then gives me the OK. Nice "Bunch" the PriusCentis.

I will be extremelly "Busy" deliverying all 06 Prii that came in "December"
to my customers ready for the 06 "Tax Credit" more Power for Them !

Don't know how Iam going to deliver "Couple a Dozens" Prii in ONE day....
to all my cutomers, I will be at the delership till the wee hours perhaps I will be done by MidNight !!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
evander said:
My daughter and I left a movie theater last week to hear laughter coming from a young couple parked near us. They nearly tried to enter my car. Seems they also have a blue 2005 Prius purchased last March from the same dealer. Turns out they test drove my car, were promised it, and were later told it was already sold. That same hour I was filling out papers for my car after being told the people it was supposed to go to couldn't take possession of it immediately. Essentially my car should have been theirs. Interesting how salesmen can change some facts to make a sale never expecting the customers to meet and share the real truth.
I did the same thing when I had my HCH and the real owners were right behind me.. The only thing I thought was odd is the tires looked low to me. I clicked on the keyfob to unlock the doors and they wouldn't unlock! Then I had to explain that I had the identical car! I don't think they believed me. My car was actually about 6 aisles over.. Talked about embarrassed.

·
Registered
34 Posts
evander said:
I did the same thing when I had my HCH and the real owners were right behind me.. The only thing I thought was odd is the tires looked low to me. I clicked on the keyfob to unlock the doors and they wouldn't unlock! Then I had to explain that I had the identical car! I don't think they believed me. My car was actually about 6 aisles over.. Talked about embarrassed.

·
Registered
40 Posts
confusing cars

I once did something like this when I was in my college. A friend gave me a key to his red VW bug to get something out of it. I tried to use the key on a blue VW bug whose owners were standing right behind the car. "He's trying to break in right in front of the police station," one laughed. It took a few minutes with the Berkeley police to straighten things out. I have tried to be more careful since!

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Guess we should heed the warnings they give at airports.

"Cas can look alike. Please check your license tag before trying to enter a vehicle"
Should we personalize our cars with little pom-poms and bows?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I do have an American flag on my antenna and it has come in very handy.
Makes it easy to identify it in a parking lot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts