Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not getting a response on this in the general forum so thought I'd try here.
When parking a couple nights ago, my husband pushed up too far over a parking cement block. By reversing, the end of a black plastic panel is protruding. Should we try pushing it back risking a complete collapse or just take it in to the dealer? Not a big issue, but any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
83 Posts
The black plastic underneath?

If so, take a look at which piece it is. There's three under the front of the car. They are all held in place by snaps and sheet metal screws. With a flat bladed screwdriver and a 10mm socket (or a #2 Phillip's screwdriver). It's pretty easy to remove and replace any of these pieces so, you should be able to undo the parts that need re-arranging.

Let's hope that all the snaps are still there. If not, you can pick some up at Pep Boys, which will be cheaper than buying them from the dealership. If the plastic has ripped, then, you'll have to get creative in re-attaching it.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your response. Since my husband and I aren't mechanically oriented nor creative--at least with cars--I think we'll let the dealer take a look at it at my first oil change coming up.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I hope mine isn't any more expensive! Will have to be extra careful pulling in to spaces next time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts