Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whomever:
Best advice I can get from friends and relations in the auto sales business, and I'm not talking about franchized dealer salespersons, is forget fair priceing on Prius. The dealers in Florida and most of the Southeast are, for all practical purposes, taking the highest bidder over manufacturers' suggested. I'm just a retired schoolteacher and I can't compete with all the overpaid junior executives and retired generals and admirals on the Suncoast.
So, for now, I'm out of it. It's been good to know you. Maybe someday I'll be back.
Holahan.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Your call, of course, but there are more and more cars coming, the wait lists are getting shorter and shorter, and even the greedy dealers will have to come down to MSRP and possibly below in the next several months. More and more posts from dealers on this board are for immediately available cars at MSRP--they are out there. Maybe not in the SE, but you can always go out of the SE and have the car shipped or go pick it up yourself for the cost of an airline ticket.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Personally, if the choice for my next car is paying MSRP+$$$$ locally or buying one in Nevada and driving it back, I'll be taking it through Las Vegas - have relatives there anyway. 8)

G

·
0 Posts
If you don't mind a flight and drive to pick up the car, you may want to try Priority Toyota in Colonial Heights, VA (Near Richmond). I just purchased an '05 Prius there after being on the waiting list for only 1 1/2 months. They did not require a deposit to get on the waiting list and charged MSRP + $388 document processing fee and 3% tax.

·
Registered
111 Posts
used option

I am a still-working teacher and can barely afford the classic I have. I feel grateful I got the classic model while they were still relatively affordable. Why don't you look onto obtaining a used classic. They are going for not much over NADA and tstill have the warrantee (if you are lucky) I am going to hang on the my little 02 for as long as I can, because I can no longer afford the new models.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Keep you eye on this site. There are now more and more dealers advertising MSRP with no more than a months wait. Seem to even be appearing on the west coast. Certainly Virginia woud be a nice drive and some have been advertised in the Carolinas.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Don't feel so bad guys, I live in ohio, and is a 8 month or more waiting list for an 05, but I managed to pick up one in california and drive it home right away, no wait, I got the color I wanted but they only had package #04 couldnt get the #06 :cry: Oh well, at least I got one, people are fighting tooth and nail to get them around here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts