Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
jeff_kash said:
I set two records today. One good and one not so good. I filled up with one bar left as usual and the display read 56.4 mpg. That is the highest it has ever read. The bad news, gas cost $2.729 for regular. I think we'll see $3.00 in L.A. by Labor Day.
Toyota Prius: "Ohhhhhhhhhh............what a feeling"!! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
My wife got me one of those "I get 50 mpg, You?" tag frames from greenhybrid for my birthday.

I've gotten a lot of dirty looks from SUV owners since then :)

G

·
"Two records today"

Within the last week with daily increases in gasoline prices, I have received several comments from lady admirers...of my Prius, that is...in mall and superstore parking lots! :oops: They have used such comments as "Cool", "Sleek", and "Cute". Given my age, I sure know they are not referring to me! :)

"Toyota Prius............Oh what a feeling!!" :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
melgish said:
My wife got me one of those "I get 50 mpg, You?" tag frames from greenhybrid for my birthday.

I've gotten a lot of dirty looks from SUV owners since then :)
I have that one too "I drive 50 mpg.....you?"

I could always try to get in front of Hummer or SUV just to piss 'em off lol. I like to look at rear mirror to see if they were throwing a fit.

:lol:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I paid a new record of $2.499/gal at my last fillup. (And that's $0.15 below the state average according to yesterday's paper.) Since then I've been practicing my 'Pulse & Glide' technique, and I'm at 57.7mpg over 140 miles on this tank so far. That includes the first time I've gotten over 55mpg in a day (that I've driven more than 10 miles, anyway, I did get 57 once when I only drove 9 miles,) and I've now done it three days in a row! (58.3, 57.5, and 57.7.)

It seems hard to believe that I paid $1.689/gal for gas less than a year ago... (And one year ago today, I paid $1.879/gal, for a one-year increase of 33%. Maybe I need to move my retirement savings into oil futures.)

Correction: I was remembering the price of diesel, not 'regular unleaded', I only paid $0.04 cents under the state average.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.