Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I set two records today. One good and one not so good. I filled up with one bar left as usual and the display read 56.4 mpg. That is the highest it has ever read. The bad news, gas cost $2.729 for regular. I think we'll see $3.00 in L.A. by Labor Day.

G

·
jeff_kash said:
I set two records today. One good and one not so good. I filled up with one bar left as usual and the display read 56.4 mpg. That is the highest it has ever read. The bad news, gas cost $2.729 for regular. I think we'll see $3.00 in L.A. by Labor Day.
Toyota Prius: "Ohhhhhhhhhh............what a feeling"!! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
515 Posts
Wow! Gas prices are getting so high that the numbers are easily favoring Prius now. Kind of makes you wonder what will happen next in the automotive market.

By the way, I'm jealous. My display only :wink: says 56.2 MPG.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
My wife got me one of those "I get 50 mpg, You?" tag frames from greenhybrid for my birthday.

I've gotten a lot of dirty looks from SUV owners since then :)

G

·
"Two records today"

Within the last week with daily increases in gasoline prices, I have received several comments from lady admirers...of my Prius, that is...in mall and superstore parking lots! :oops: They have used such comments as "Cool", "Sleek", and "Cute". Given my age, I sure know they are not referring to me! :)

"Toyota Prius............Oh what a feeling!!" :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
melgish said:
My wife got me one of those "I get 50 mpg, You?" tag frames from greenhybrid for my birthday.

I've gotten a lot of dirty looks from SUV owners since then :)
I have that one too "I drive 50 mpg.....you?"

I could always try to get in front of Hummer or SUV just to piss 'em off lol. I like to look at rear mirror to see if they were throwing a fit.

:lol:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Gas Prices

What??? The price of gas went up???!! In another 4 weeks when I fill up I'll have to check that out. :wink:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I paid a new record of $2.499/gal at my last fillup. (And that's $0.15 below the state average according to yesterday's paper.) Since then I've been practicing my 'Pulse & Glide' technique, and I'm at 57.7mpg over 140 miles on this tank so far. That includes the first time I've gotten over 55mpg in a day (that I've driven more than 10 miles, anyway, I did get 57 once when I only drove 9 miles,) and I've now done it three days in a row! (58.3, 57.5, and 57.7.)

It seems hard to believe that I paid $1.689/gal for gas less than a year ago... (And one year ago today, I paid $1.879/gal, for a one-year increase of 33%. Maybe I need to move my retirement savings into oil futures.)

Correction: I was remembering the price of diesel, not 'regular unleaded', I only paid $0.04 cents under the state average.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts