Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm at about 2500 miles on my new 06 Prius so far. I took delivery on February 17th.

I discovered that the right rear seat will not stay latched in the full upright position. I can pull it down without pushing in the button on the top of the seat.

My steering wheel seems to be slightly turned to the left off center when driving down the road.

I'm going to call my dealer tomorrow and see what they say or can do with those issues.

I've read a previous post about the way a Prius is rigged to the truck when it's delivered to the dealer might be causing some people to have alignment problems.

Not sure what the seat problem could be, but the latch doesn't seem to be working properly. But other than that, the car has been excellent so far.

·
Registered
84 Posts
you seat problem is wierd , I say that because on my 2005 at 300 miles Ii had the same problem but with the left rear seat. Is this a common problem with people who put the rear seats down

·
Registered
457 Posts
"I discovered that the right rear seat will not stay latched in the full upright position. I can pull it down without pushing in the button on the top of the seat."
"My steering wheel seems to be slightly turned to the left off center when driving down the road."

Both items should be addressed by a Toyota dealer under your warranty. They should be an easy fix. If your allignment (tracking) is satisfactory then the off-center steering wheel is not an immediate problem.
Suggestion: Get an early oil/filter change and dump all of your post delivery problems where they can be fixed for nothing.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
The malaligned steering wheel can be a symptom of alignment issues--specifically the Toe is often out.

I suggest that you have them check the alignment while you're in getting the seat fixed...it should all be free under the 12mo/12k mile portion of your warranty. This might even help your gas mileage and will definately help your tires wear better.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
To repeat many prior posts, make sure you are comparing the steering wheel to the horizon, NOT the dashboard. The dash is not straight--it cants to either side from center.

That said, if it is still off, have the dealer align it, and ask for the before and after printouts of the readings. Also, before it is done, ask for a little toe-IN at the front to help it track better on the freeways. The spec allows zero toe, but this makes it wander. Ask for a reading towards the max toe-in part of the acceptable range.

Alignment check isn't part of the dealer prep process, and many are out of spec (like mine). As posted, this should be covered under warrantee.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.