Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The real front sticker is on the lower corner of the windshield. Just to be on the safe side, I put a "copy" of the original sticker on my bra on the front bumper.

I had scanned my sticker, and printed it on self-stick paper. I put the copy in the proper place at the lower drivers side front bumper. It held tightly, though not as tightly as the original to the glass.

Only two days later, someone removed the phony!

If people are going to rip off the stickers, you can bet they won't follow the "heat gun" method recommended on the sticker manufacturer's website. Instead, they'll probably go after them with razor blades and ruin the paint.

I am glad I put the real ones on the glass...

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
omg... so people really are jealous that you can go into HOV lanes and sleep in a little longer because of the shortened commute time. Either that or they simply don't want you in that lane.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Now I'm seriously considering that 3M clear bra "sandwich" idea I had.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not sure where it was ripped. I have been parked in the street at home, the parking lot at work, and at two auto parts shops for a few minutes.

Funny thing is, one sticker doesn't help them, since as we all know the law requires four.

I've got a set of phony stickers in the glovebox. I'll beat 'em!

·
Registered
4 Posts
KTPhil said:
Funny thing is, one sticker doesn't help them, since as we all know the law requires four.
Have you looked at your other stickers carefully to see whether any of the edges are frayed at all? Since you said the phony sticker didn't adhere quite as strongly as the real ones, I'm wondering whether it's possible that they removed that one intact but then gave up on the others when they wouldn't come off without tearing.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The real ones appear to have not been tampered with. On the flat glass, it is hard to get a start on peeling it without using a razor blade, so it might not show if they couldn't get it started.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Is it possible that the adhesive on the homemade sticker just weakend being exposed to the elements and the sticker fell off on its own. Most car bras that I have seen make a terrible surface for applying adhesive and wouldn't hold it well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
razor blade them

When I lived in Chicago people would steal the city sticker out of your car ($75). After putting it on the window we would slice it with a razor blade. If you removed it then it would fall apart and be useless.

·
Registered
150 Posts
KTPhil said:
If people are going to rip off the stickers, you can bet they won't follow the "heat gun" method recommended on the sticker manufacturer's website.
:x I'm failing to find the post with the link to the 3M webpage that describes the removal procedures. I thought I had it bookmarked, but evidently not. Would someone please post the link again?

Thanks,
Louie

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There is a link on the Cali DMV website, on their page about the stickers.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Unless the copied sticker was removed with the car was sitting in
your driveway, it most likely fell off while driving.

Robert

1 - 13 of 13 Posts