Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2005 prius. I turned off the energy screen with the "screen off" softbutton, and now I can't figure out how to turn it back on. Anyone know how to do this?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Push the "Info" button on the right hand side of the frame surrounding the screen, then push the "Trip Info" button. That will bring it back.

Sorry about the previous post. You will find out that not everyone here is a smart ass.

·
Registered
33 Posts
jaybrotz said:
I just got a 2005 prius. I turned off the energy screen with the "screen off" softbutton, and now I can't figure out how to turn it back on. Anyone know how to do this?
Sure, just press any bezel switch - "info", "climate", etc.

Geoff

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
... or any steering wheel button that would ordinarily change screens, such as Info or Map (if you have Nav of course)

·
Registered
12 Posts
The above answer to read the manual may have been "smart ass" but as with any car it a good idea to at least glance at the manual. In this car it would actually be a good idea to READ the whole thing/

·
Registered
130 Posts
Wasn't meant to be a "smart ass" remark, just a quick one, it was getting late. I can't believe anyone would try driving a Prius around the block without a glance at this manual. In fact with "smart key" I don't even know how you would get it started!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
hehe.. Yeah, my dad had problems with my Prius yesterday. My family and I were at my parents house, and my wife and my father decided to walk to the store (only a couple blocks.) Well, it started to rain while they were there, pretty hard, and they had bought a few bags of groceries. So my dad runs up, comes in the house, and grabs my wife's purse (the SE/SS fob is zippered in a pocket deep down,) and says he's going to drive our car over to put the groceries in.

I start snickering. He's driven it before, but never alone. And he's even a geeky-type, like me.

So I watch out the window as he gets in. And wait. And wait. And wait. I figure he's having problems, so I try calling him on his cell phone. It's in the house with me. (Hey, it's raining hard, I don't want to go out if I don't have to!) He comes back up, and I tell him that he has to actually hold the brake down until the 'READY' comes on solid, and mention the 'cheat sheet' that I leave in the armrest console. He heads back out, gets in, and... Sits there. And sits there. And sits there.

Comes back one more time. Apparently he was pressing on the brake AFTER pressing the power button. Oops. (That's okay, his car is goofy, too. He got an after-market security system with an engine-kill that requires you to put in a little microchip-key first, THEN the ignition key. Well, the security system went goofy, and didn't recognize the microchip-key anymore. He found that if you try to start the car, then wait 10 seconds, then try again, it will start as if you had inserted the microchip-key...)

I think I should print up some of those valet cards. (I've asked every dealer in town, and none of them have even HEARD of the valet cards.)

·
Registered
1,563 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Screen off

I just posted on this very issue last night, sorry the search feature did not find this list of postings and I didn't see it when scanning through the topics. Anyway, after another poster told me what to do, Press the Info button and then the Trip Info button,the screen came back on again. I had read the manual and thought maybe I just didn't understand so went back and read it again and it says push the INFO button but doesn't say push the Trip Info button on the screen. At least in the section I was reading. Manuals, just like search functions, require some trial and error, lol.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
The Info button on the steering column and the info button on the dash work differently.

Pressing the one on the steering column is like pressing
"info" on the dash, followed by "Trip Info"

Also, on mine the one on the steering column toggles between consumption and energy screens if hit repeatedly, but I've read info here to indicate that this is dependent on your software revision...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts