Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason, I have lost the option to turn the MFD off of day mode. Well, at least I think I did. When I hit the Display, all it shows now is Screen Off, and I swore before that there was a button next to it on the screen that said Day Mode so you could toggle between Day Mode and Night Vision :)

I looked in the owner's manual and what it said didn't make sense, something to the effect that MPH had to be off to switch between day and night mode?

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
I think there is a screen where you can set the brightness of day and night modes, in the Info, Display, Setup, or something like that. There isn't a button on the regular Display screen.

Are you sure you didn't just crank the interior light brightness all the way up?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Headlights must be turned on and the dimmer must not be on the last 'click' stop. Then your selection will appear.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
"And with my inst. panel light intensity full up, I'm still far short on what I would like to see on bright days, sunshade or no."

Probably nothing you can do about this. LCDs have a hard time in daylight, at least the non-mil ones.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
adamandgwen said:
For some reason, I have lost the option to turn the MFD off of day mode. Well, at least I think I did. When I hit the Display, all it shows now is Screen Off, and I swore before that there was a button next to it on the screen that said Day Mode so you could toggle between Day Mode and Night Vision :)

I looked in the owner's manual and what it said didn't make sense, something to the effect that MPH had to be off to switch between day and night mode?
Outside of North America, the interior light dimming is done by pressing and holding one of the dashboard buttons, either the ODO/Trip button or the MPH/kph button (I don't recall which). So, that section of the owner's manual wasn't really changed properly for the North American Prius where we have the dimmer wheel (rather than the full bright/1 stop dim outside of N.A.).

I don't recall the exact way to get the Day Mode button on the MFD. Something to do with the headlights being on/off, and the interior dimmer wheel either at full click or dimmed... Only 4 permutations to try there, so it shouldn't be too hard to find which one brings the Day Mode button back on the screen...

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
mrv said:
adamandgwen said:
I don't recall the exact way to get the Day Mode button on the MFD. Something to do with the headlights being on/off, and the interior dimmer wheel either at full click or dimmed... Only 4 permutations to try there, so it shouldn't be too hard to find which one brings the Day Mode button back on the screen...
That was answered three posts up from yours, and confirmed one post up from yours.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
DanMan32 said:
That was answered three posts up from yours, and confirmed one post up from yours.
Proves she was right! ;)

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
DanMan32 said:
I was going to post the answer but it was done already. Do you think I would have left it if it was WRONG?
Then you'd have been right, TOO! I love it when we're right. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts