Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my 05 Prius last week (already have 3,000 on it :D ) and I love the car but, like most people probably on this forum, cant leave well enought alone, so I looked up on how to get into the computer system via the tail light trick, and noticed i have 3 engine codes coming up under the "Lan MON" screen, the codes are: EMV: 01-D5 190-2f-b, EMV: 01-dc 190-0a-2, G/W: 01-dd 110-34-1. I have looked high and low, and cant seem to find the meaning of these codes, i would just clear them out but I want to be sure that there is no serious problem developing. Any information would be apreciated.

G

·
0 Posts
Those codes have to do with the AV accessories (NAV, Radio, MFD, etc.)
They may be residual from the factory. You can clear them, and if they come back, then see your dealer.

You can obtain this information from the service manual. I have it, but not with me.

·
Registered
73 Posts
taillight trick

It goes something like:

While pushing the power button, turn the headlights on and off three times.

This will bring up the diagnostic codes on the MFD. You have to fiddle a bit to see everything that is there, but it is an interesting exercise if you want to kill some time!

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Another way to get there is to press the DISPLAY button on the MFD, then hit the top then bottom then top... 4 or so times.

I think you can order the manual from the dealer, or from Toyota directly. Pretty pricey.

Instead, I went on to techinfo.toyota.com, paid $20 for two day's worth (really about 3 if you include the half days), and a WHOLE LOTTA time downloading all the PDFs, and then putting them all together with an eval copy of Acrobat Pro.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts