Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't find anything about this so I'm sorry in advance if this has been answered numerous times. Since I can't find anything in the manual or in the car, should I assume that my Prius does not have a release button inside the car to open the trunk?

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
In the owner's manual, there is a manual release (in the case that you don't have 12v power), but you have to crawl into the hatch area from the passenger area, remove the floor from under you, and then you'll find the release lever...

If you had a Classic Prius, the trunk release is at the driver's seat floor next to the gas cap door lever.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
The new one is a hatchback. As far as hatchbacks, wagons, SUVs, and minivans go, there is no internal release near the driver's side (unless it's a power operated tailgate)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Tideland Prius said:
The new one is a hatchback. As far as hatchbacks, wagons, SUVs, and minivans go, there is no internal release near the driver's side (unless it's a power operated tailgate)
My 1990 Honda Civic hatchback had a release by the driver's seat, and it didn't have power anything.

Rob

·
Registered
28 Posts
ratell said:
Tideland Prius said:
My 1990 Honda Civic hatchback had a release by the driver's seat, and it didn't have power anything.

Rob
Same with my 1990 Ford Probe.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
The Civic hatchback was a split tailgate wasn't it?

Probe? now that's new, didn't know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts