Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could some kind 2004 Prius provide some basic measurements of the usable area behind the rear seat?

I am in the process of deciding on a collapsable jogging stroller brand/model, but I will need to be able to put it in and out of the back of my (on order) Prius. I know that the cargo area has a volume of 16.1 cu. ft., but will I be able to fit a "package" of 40x26x22 and still be able to use the back seat?

Thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
I just went out to the garage with a tape measure:
Looks like the width at the narrowest part is 39" That's at the floor closest to the back of the seat. It flairs wider toward the back. It looks like about 21" at the lowest highth, at the very back. If I understand the dimensions of the stroller, the wheels add to the 40" dimension. I imagine (but can't say for sure) that if you layed the stroller on its side, angling from back to front, it would fit.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Don't forget that the back seat is split (60/40?) into two, and they fold down independently. Thus you can get the full length, from front seat to back hatch, for more than half the width of the car and still seat one person comfortably in back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts