Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe I made a mistake.....I thought I was ordering a grayish green car, but the more I read and look at pics I'm thinking it's dark gray with an occasional green tint. Any Tideland Pearl owners who could enlighten me? Is this a color that looks different under the Florida sun than in New Jersey winter clouds? I might need to switch colors - how do Driftwood Pearl and Seaside Pearl really look?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Gail said:
Maybe I made a mistake.....I thought I was ordering a grayish green car, but the more I read and look at pics I'm thinking it's dark gray with an occasional green tint. Any Tideland Pearl owners who could enlighten me? Is this a color that looks different under the Florida sun than in New Jersey winter clouds? I might need to switch colors - how do Driftwood Pearl and Seaside Pearl really look?
-
It's a grayish green, but it does change color under different lighting!
-

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not really green?

rats. I don't want a gray car. Somebody tell me it's distinctly different than gray.

Gail

·
Registered
150 Posts
What color.

Unfortunatly the color samples in the Prius product brochure never exactly matches what the actual paint will look like.
Dealers do get real paint samples. Take the paint samples out into direct sun light, for proper veiwing. Then into the shade for proper evaluation.
If you are lucky the dealer may have a car on the lot, you could view.
Modern automotive paint finishes are three dimentional. The color has depth to it. This is how-come the product brochure does not exactly look like the actual paint.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks everybody

I do feel a little better now after seeing Jeff's pics. I may stop in to the dealer and check out the paint chips today. I never thought color would be such a big deal, but 4 years ago I convinced myself color wasn't important. I have been driving around in a red truck ever since, and I have never felt comfortable in it. I don't want that to happen this time!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I would call it a dark, low chroma green. Definitely green. Something around 105-140-105 on an RGB scale, 125-26-55 on an HSB scale.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts