Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To know exactly what is a prius chauvinist just read any post in any forum made by any Prius Nerd.

And then, to know exactly what is a TROLL and its family, please, do yourself a favor, go to http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?TrollDefinition

The different between any Prius Nerd and a Troll is ME. "THE TRUE"

Why?......The fact that I spent the same money that you spent adquiring a Prius does not compromise my freedom to express my true that is been share for many Plain Prius Owners.

Flawlessing My Prius is not an inconclusive or instigating declaration. Instead, is my personal objective that coincidentialy could benefit you and Toyota Motor Co. and improve the Prius, "the best car our time" even with its flaws.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
let's talk

Hey rmarchena;

Calm down. Some of us are poorly behaved...some more than others. I apologize if I've seemed to be rude. Most of it is just having a little fun with a hobby.

I think Hep welcomed you here, and so do we all (right all?).

We love our cars as much as you obviously do yours, so we actually have a lot to talk about.

So let's start over. Begin anew.

You obviously care a lot about your car, which makes you a perfect partner in this forum.

How about this: what do you LOVE about your car?

Welcome.

·
Registered
27 Posts
KTPhil said:
Theory: Foriegn Prius owner using web-based translation to post in English.
Maybe. Do they typically produce phrases like "instigating declaration?"

I bet this guy does it the old fashioned way, thumbing through a translation dictionary. Admirable attempt at expressing some complicated ideas.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Except.

Do you really believe any executive with decision making authority at Toyota is coming here and reading your posts?

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
If he loves the Prius, he has me fooled. He registered 3 topics with 3 complaints as if he was going to sue. Actually, in one post he did threaten to sue if he got into an accident.

True, one of his post is based on a misconception that outsiders often make, but he won't listen to reason to find out how the car truely works.

One who knows not, and knows not that he knows not, is a fool, shun him.
One who knows not, and knows that he knows not can be taught, teach him.
One who knows, but knows not that he knows is asleep, awaken him.
One who knows, and knows that he knows, is wise, follow him!

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
DanMan32 said:
or NOT!!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Sanny said:
DanMan32 said:
or NOT!!
I can tie a square knot. Other knots I cannot knot. But at the risk of sticking my head in a hangman's noose ...

I have to agree with DanMan. The "three" points he posted could easily have been summed up in a single message. Instead he maximized the attention he received by creating three separate ones. This is a trollish pattern. I canknot say if this was intentional or something got lost in translation, but to me the messages were very adversarial.

Besides, most of macharena's complaints have been already been disgusted at length in other threads. At the very least that should have earned him a 'use the search engine' reply.

What does this mean? I know knot.

How many knots could Don Knotts tie if Don Knotts could tie knots?
:lol:

·
Registered
669 Posts
melgish said:
How many knots could Don Knotts tie if Don Knotts could tie knots?
:lol:
Knott as many now as when sailing at 50 knotts on the way to Knotts Berry farm. But then he'd be in a real jam when he hit the coast. :p

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
I liked the Don Knots exchange. :D

But seriously, what vehicle out there doesn't have flaws? It is a mechanical device, and the real question is, are they flaws, or are they our perceptions of how we would like our ultimate custom vehicle to be. It kind of reminds me of that episode of the Simpson's so long ago in which Homer was asked to help an auto company design the perfect vehicle for middle America. You might recall it better if you remember the huge rompus room dome on the back of the car. Anyway, the vehicle was so expensive that nobody it was designed for, the middle class, could afford it and so the car company went bankrupt. At least that is what I believe happened in the show.

The point is that all consumer products, be they large ticket durable items, such as cars, or small ticket items such as groceries or casual clothing are all going to have something which makes them less than our ideal for that product. But we accept that. In fact, there is such variety on the market, that most folks don't see the qualities that are lacking in some products because they have already substituted to alternate products that better fit their needs.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Conformism vs Exploring

Your comments are aiming very well. That well, that almost made feel that I am a mercenary with no mercy. I've got confused at first. But, I asked myself this question:

"How hard could be to take care of that particular Prius's behavior"?
If that particular Prius's behavior did not exist, what were we discussing about at this time, having a permanent and standard readings of 60mpg as a minimum average?

I believe that the "ultimate custom vehicle" (using your wording) is not the Prius that we have today, but my "perceptions" are that the Prius is making the trial to see it not that far.

The expression "Flawlessing the Prius" is crude a cruel but help to be sharp when I aim to something that could be done better in the near future just exploring our circunstantial conformism.

"perceptions of how we would like our ultimate custom vehicle to be"

·
Registered
370 Posts
Re: Conformism vs Exploring

rmarchena said:
The expression "Flawlessing the Prius" is crude a cruel but help to be sharp when I aim to something that could be done better in the near future just exploring our circunstantial conformism.

I just found my new signature!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
rmarchena said:
I believe that the "ultimate custom vehicle" (using your wording) is not the Prius that we have today, but my "perceptions" are that the Prius is making the trial to see it not that far.

Can you please try to make just a little sense and be just a little more careful with sentence structure, word selection and logic flow? I don't think that's asking too much in a thread and for a poster that is clearly not in the main and should be making every effort to make his point as clearly and concisely as possible.

That said, your comments very much verge on trolling and, indeed, suggest just the kinds of things trolls do. They nibble at the edge of being on topic with the sole purpose of instigating combative rebuttals.

One of your questions (#2 I think it was) was actually one that could pretty easily have been explained and potentially cleared up for you, but now is so far OT it is doomed.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Troll in the dungeon! TROLL... in... the dunnggeeoonn!!!!..... [plop]

I've been wanting to do that for days. I feel so much better now.

·
Registered
610 Posts
:roll: Howdy rmarchena

Your link to the "Troll definition" doesn't work. Results in "You don't have permission..."

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Astrowoman said:
Troll in the dungeon! TROLL... in... the dunnggeeoonn!!!!..... [plop].
Thought you ought to know...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts