Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months ago I got the triangle of death and other dash indicators. I replaced the 12 volt battery with an Optimus AGM batt. All scary dash indicators went out and car ran fine. So now a few months later I started the Prius and the dash lit up like a Christmas tree. Got the triangle of death with exclamation point, Check Engine, ABS, etc. Also the graphic used to depict the state of charge of the big high volt battery seemed to not act correctly. When I started the car I had one purple bar which soon showed a charge of 2 purple bars which soon turned blue and went up to half way with blue bars then the whole indicator went green on all bars. During this time I had driven a little more than a mile. No way could the battery charge that fast. Something is wrong but what?

The Prius in question is a 2004 with about 170K miles on the odometer. The high voltage traction batt was replaced a few thousand miles back with a new aftermarket bat and everything has been just fine/normal till today.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I used to have a 2004 and had the original battery until 280k miles. Sadly the car was in an accident and too expensive to repair. At any rate, the way you describe your problem makes it sound like you’re definitely having an issue with the replacement traction battery. I’ve never seen my battery go below two pink bars. It takes a few miles to regain the battery to at least top level blue. If you have Dr Prius on your smart phone you can check the status fairly easily. You’ll need an OBd2 adapter to enable the app to function.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts