Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 problems and need help 1st. When I press my foot on the brake pedal and Push Start Button, the triangle with ! symbol appears. Sometime each time, sometime every other time? It disappears along with the other symbols that normally appear on the dislpay under the front window.
Should I take it to the dealer and have a diagnostic test run? Has this happened to anyone and what did you have completed to stop this?

2nd My 3yr/36k miles warrantee ends 10/23'06.
I have 1 more year on the lease. Does anyone suggest me buying an extended warrantee? I plan on buying my Prius when lease ends 10'07.

Thanks for your help in advance.
Tony Liscio, Prius Pioneer. 'Best car I have driven in 49 years,'
My 'Green Machine' 2004 Tideland Pearl, 29,k mi's, package#6

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
If there's a msg on the display telling you to keep the car out of neutral, or to put the car in park, that could be it. However, the triangle shouldn't come up when powered to READY but before it was put in gear. Unless you missed a step in your description, you hadn't put the car out of park yet.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Take it to the dealer and insist it be fixed or at least explained. Why are you worried about failures or warrantee when it is leased? That's the "owners's" responsibility.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.