Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bluetooth pairing?

Great, but will the Treo 650 work (100%) with the Prius? Does anybody know? (I know my SE P800 does NOT pair because it uses the headset protocol rather than the handsfree protocol; which one does the Treo use, and for that matter: will my Jabra 200 set still work? i.e. does the Treo 650 support both protocols?)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Treo 650 Bluetooth

I took a look at the Treo 650 user's manual, found at:

http://www.palmone.com/us/support/handb ... int_UG.pdf

and starting on page 70 it would appear that the phone should work on a Bluetooth enabled car such as a Prius. However, in the U.S. the phone is not available yet (Sprint only), and I have not heard of any results. If anyone has, it would be good to know any experiences.

John

·
Registered
11 Posts
Indeed, I too would like to know about the Treo 650. I'm picking up my Prius this weekend, and can pre-order the Treo since I already have Sprint. Perhaps I should see if Palm needs beta testing for Treo-Prius compatibility.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bluetooth phones

I am indeed sorry to hear that the Treo 650 does not support Bluetooth on the Prius. When talking to PalmOne, they insured me that they did.

I notice that the BlackBerry 7290 is Bluetooth Enabled. When I queried them about Prius compatability said it was.

???

John

·
Registered
32 Posts
pshady said:
I got my T650 yesterday and it does not work with the Prius :(

My SE T608 worked great......
I second that :(. I could get mine to work but once my phone went into standby mode it would lose signal. I had the Sony Ericsson T608 and it only worked half of the time. I'm starting to wonder if there isn't something wrong with my Prius' bluetooth? My entire experience with bluetooth has not been very welcoming either. :p

G

·
0 Posts
Prius & Treo 650

I just received my Treo 650 today and was unable to get it to play nice with the Prius.

I have been able to get an Ericson phone to work with the Prius.

:cry:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bluetooth

Obviously the new phones that are advertising BlueTooth don't seem to work. The new BlackBerry 7290 advertises the same, but I have had no feedback on it. Anybody tried one?

Question for anyone. There seems to be a big problem with many Bluetooth phones (my Ericsson T608 works about 50% of the time for outgoing calls - someone else reported same). Since it seems that the Prius Bluetooth is not working like many of us expected, what recourse do we have with Toyota regarding a fix? Does anyone know? Going to service departments seem likely to be unproductive...

John

G

·
0 Posts
Re: Bluetooth

Johnmicroburst said:
Obviously the new phones that are advertising BlueTooth don't seem to work. The new BlackBerry 7290 advertises the same, but I have had no feedback on it. Anybody tried one?

Question for anyone. There seems to be a big problem with many Bluetooth phones (my Ericsson T608 works about 50% of the time for outgoing calls - someone else reported same). Since it seems that the Prius Bluetooth is not working like many of us expected, what recourse do we have with Toyota regarding a fix? Does anyone know? Going to service departments seem likely to be unproductive...

John
Actually there has to be someone we can talk to about this. As stated above my Sony Ericsson T608 only worked half the time too!. Bluetooth is just another protocal like http, ftp, smtp, soap, etc. As long as a vendor implements this protocol it shouldn't matter what type of devices are trying to communicate via bluetooth. I think there is a serious issue with the bluetooth that is in our cars. I have had no luck with either the T608 or the Treo 650. It can be pretty frustrating when someone calls you thru the car via bluetooth and it only works 50% of the time :shock:

I'm up for speaking with someone if someone can point me in the right direction.

Regards,
Ryan

·
Registered
19 Posts
My SE T608 worked fine, so I'm not sure what your issue is. I've talked to Sprint and had it escalated to level 2 support (whatever that means). The guy is suppose to call me back in the next few days with an answer from the tech guys at HQ who create and issue firmware updates, etc.

So call sprint and log this issue. The more people call, the more "real" this problem is and the more likely it will be resolved.

G

·
0 Posts
Treo650&Prius

I just got the 650 and was able to get it to "bluetooth" with a wireless headset and bluetooth hot synch with my Mac computer. Even with some pretty sophisticated "geek" help, I am unable to make it work in the Prius. I suspect the problem is in the Prius implementation of bluetooth. Here's what I just sent to Toyota:

I purchased the subject phone with bluetooth and am trying to pair it with my Prius for hands free phone operations.
1) The instruction manual that came with the Prius does not exactly match the configuration of the car. My VIN is JTDKB20UX40075585 and the manual publication No. is OM47459U. It would be good to get a manual that matches my car.
2) I have paired the phone with a bluetooth headset and a computer, so I know the phone bluetooth works.
3) I can get the phone to recognize the Prius and is shows the remote device address which corresponds to the address shown on the Prius display. However the Prius will not recognize the phone, there is no indication of cellular reception on the Prius display, and I can't make or receive calls.

Has Toyota experimented with this model phone, and is there a web site where I can go to get detailed instructions?

·
Registered
33 Posts
treo 650

I'm not sure if this topic is dead or not. I got a Treo650 a week ago through Cingular. Initially it was terribly frustrating to get the bluetooth going with it. I contemplated returning the Treo. I called a Toyota dealership and the guy told me to make sure my infrared was on and working. After that tip it has been, luckily, some sailing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The infrared setting on my phone, as I suspected as it has nothing to do with Bluetooth, was a no-go. My phone still will not link up with the Prius. My roommate has a Moto V551, and it works perfect (on an initial linking).

If anyone has anything new, I hope they will post.

Thanks!

·
Registered
59 Posts
JFLile
I assume since you are posting in this topic that you have a Treo 650. Have you installed the latest update from Palm One? It contains the revised car kit that many have reported corrects most of the Prius link up problems.

http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/572-1.htm

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes, I did install that update with high hopes; but to no avail. I have sinced swapped phones with a friend and have a V3 RAZR again. It works fine. Moving the address book entries to the car is seeming a tad bit tidious, though. Bluetooth keeps wanting to drop after each entry sent. But, at least it is working.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have heard that things somehow get better after the second reboot of the Treo 650 after installing the upgrade. Urban legend?

Unfortunately, I'm still straddled with a 600 and can't justify buying a 650 with a 8 month old 600, so I can't be of more help.

·
Registered
59 Posts
JFLile,

Sorry you decided to swapped out your Treo 650. Ours pairs just fine and I was able to transfer the phonebook successfully. My wife carries the one we currently have, I'm hoping to get a second one for myself.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts