Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Prius friends! I am about to offer my '02 Prius for sale locally so I may purchase the '04. No. I'm not trying to sell it here because I can do that readily enough elsewhere. Three new Prius' arrived here in this area a few days ago and two of them were snapped up as they were unloaded by people on a list. The third is kept by the dealer for test drives and I had to wait hours yesterday for my turn. My dealer advised me that the quickest way to get a new one is to express a willingness to accept any color along with any option package which then places me ahead of others who are insisting on certain features. Then in addition, he suggested I sell my Prius personally for the better price I can get if I traded. Now for my question. Has anyone sold his or her Prius and how can I be certain the warrantees transfer to my buyer? Is there any notification Toyota may require? Is there a procedure or forms to submit? Also, if any successful sellers don't mind would you tell me if you found buyers easily and did you get your price? Thanks for your help. Bill

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
Toyota Extra Care (extended warranty)

If you purchased the Toyota Extra
Care Platinum Plan new car extended
warranty for your Prius, details on
how to transfer it to the next owner
is listed on the back of the first
page.

You send in some letter, and $50, and
the warranty is transferred.

see my transcribed warranty info here:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/toy ... sage/61384

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks MRV for your interest and reply. I didn't buy the extended warranty when I bought the one I now plan to sell. I've been told more than once it is an excellent purchase, but I had been stung once in the past when I bought one through the auto loan company. Perhaps I should have purchased the dealer's extension because, as I said before, good things are said about it. Thanks again

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
Toyota Extra Care

You can buy the Toyota Extra Care
Platinum Plan (extended warranty), if
you are the car's original (and
current) owner, at any time within
the car's first 3 years or 36,000 miles
of service.

If your car that you're selling
falls under this category, you can
probably offer to get the Toyota
extended warranty for your buyer.
It's just an additional $50 for the
transfer to a new owner once you get it.

I bought the Extended Warranty for
my 2001 Prius earlier this year
(2 years old at the time, 20K+ miles on the car)
and from a different dealership than
where I bought the car (and different
from where it gets serviced).

Look back on this board for posts
from Troy D from Toyota of Greenfield
(MA). He has pretty much the best
extended warranty rates around, and has sold to many
Prius owners around the country.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks MRV.Gotcha! The URL dealing with the non-extended warranty terms was exactly what I needed. Whatshisname

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know you said you weren't attempting to sell your '02 on this board but, since I'm in the market for a relatively low mileage Prius which is still "waranteeable", I thought I would at least ask what part of CA you are in. I'd also be interested in any other details you may have concerning your vehicle. Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts