Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just tried to search the site for hooking up lights,...brake,running,blinkers and couldnt find any info.But I did cut and paste a long time ago the colors Dan man posted as:Brake lights are light blue, right turn is green, left turn is yellow, tail lights are brown.

Ground is always white with black stripe.

Where would these wires be located on the car too attach a 4 pin plug?

Thanks,Ed

·
Registered
5 Posts
There used to be a thread on PC about using a Draw Tite #18308 wiring harness for wiring a Prius. A couple of the wires had to be relocated in the connector. That might be an easier way to go.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Trailer Light Pigtails

This is kind of a temporary fix, but U-Haul and other places that rent utility trailers have tail lamps with pigtails for the trailer lights. This isn't really the best set-up for a permanent installation, but it is quick and easy.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
I used the draw-tite and modified it per the thread; works perfectly, uses stock connectors--no cutting of the stock wiring, no pigtails to corrode, and no crimp connectors to cut wires.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
That web page is the one I used, and it worked perfectly. Yes, it's a Camry product; that's why you have to modify which pin goes where.

It was a little tough to get the pins out even with two jeweler's screwdrivers. It took al ittle force. But it works GREAT!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the photo's to FL,Buckeye.They sure helped allot.We just got another Prius last night..Wife has 2006 w/pkg 3.Have heard all the horror stories about towing and I probably will never do it but I still want it coverd if I ever have to.

Thanks again,Ed

1 - 10 of 10 Posts