Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so what does this button do? I assumed that TRAF was short for Traffic and that it would scan for the radio for a current traffic report. Each time I push it, it scans through the radio, lands on a completely random station that is not playing a traffic report.

Any ideas? Is this button just useless?

·
Registered
149 Posts
traf

it is in our town! No traffic to report and no radio stations reporting that fact!

Travelling to larger cities (Denver), I've used the traffic button during rush hours and it stops at 3 or 4 stations that eventually give traffic reports.

It's not like it stops on a station when a traffic report is taking place...ya hafta wait until the station does their thing...

hmmm...an all-traffic radio station....kinda like the weather channel....or a weather radio...is it as sign of the times when an all-traffic radio station goes on air?!

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
It's an RDS thing.

The search you mention must be a 2004+ thing. On the Classic Prius, the button appears useless. Except when suddenly it'll change your radio station on you (or drop you from CD/cassette to radio) somewhat randomly, to a station that claims that its doing a traffic report. I've only heard of that working once (going to an actual traffic report), and that was from my mother with her 2002 Prius, and it only worked for a few months... Usually, it causes more frustration as when you drop from CD to radio the station is usually on some station you don't like, rather than the station that you were last listening to...

·
Registered
257 Posts
Re: traf

finman said:
hmmm...an all-traffic radio station....kinda like the weather channel....or a weather radio...is it as sign of the times when an all-traffic radio station goes on air?!
It is already here: XM radio has several channels with local traffic & weather

1 - 5 of 5 Posts