Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you were willing and able to trade-in your Prius, what currently available vehicle would you choose and why? :?:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hmm, since I need a mid-size car, and gas mileage is high on my importance list, I'd probably get a Nissan Altima Hybrid, which is due on the market very soon. Otherwise, probably a Ford Escape Hybrid.

·
Registered
26 Posts
littleprius said:
If you were willing and able to trade-in your Prius, what currently available vehicle would you choose and why? :?:
2006 Prius. Why not!

·
Registered
38 Posts
lwood said:
littleprius said:
2006 Prius. Why not!
Agreed. This time I would also make sure I get the Vehicle Stability Control, a feature which would be very useful during Cleveland's winter.

The new Honda Civic Coupe looks pretty sweet, though. Not saying that I'd get it, but I want to give credit where it's due.

·
Registered
24 Posts
According to Toyota's website, The Camry Hybrid will be available late 2006 or early 2007!! Not too far away!!

·
Registered
224 Posts
rpm said:
traded in my 04 for an 05, now am planning to trade my 05 for an 06.

rpm
I can understand trading an 05 for an 06 with all the new nifty features coming out, but why trade an 04 for an 05? I was pretty sure those models are exactly the same. I traded my 02 for an 05 because I needed more space in the back.

·
Registered
919 Posts
rpm said:
traded in my 04 for an 05, now am planning to trade my 05 for an 06.

rpm
I'm thinking of the same. Did you go to the same dealer? Get a good deal? Payments about the same or did you pay cash outright?

·
Registered
261 Posts
paul16451 said:
I can understand trading an 05 for an 06 with all the new nifty features coming out, but why trade an 04 for an 05? I was pretty sure those models are exactly the same. I traded my 02 for an 05 because I needed more space in the back.
I did it because my 04 was a package 0 TRAC car, and was Driftwood with the tan interior. Got it 12/03. I traded it in a year later on a package 6, silver w/ the gray interior, because I wanted the bluetooth, SKS, better colors IMO, and because I got the same amount at trade-in that I paid for the 04 new. Also got to take tax deduction again, and got 500 off MSRP on the silver, which is what my dealer offered on Prii when I went on the waitlist in 1/04...I didn't get the car until 12/04.

rob

(as a matter of fact, I plan to buy 2 2006's, as my wife wants one also...so two tax credits!)

oh, and Evander, I did go to the same dealer (that I got the 2005 from; I got the 2004 in Florida and I live in MN). They no longer discount anything off MSRP on the Prius, but are giving me 250 off as a returning customer. I pay cash for my cars. Don't know what I'll get in trade on the 2005 yet, or on my wife's 2004 Accord. (BTW, if anyone's interested in either car, they're perfect; 14k miles on Prius, 16k on Accord, both with NAV, Accord is 4 cyl. with heated leather seats.)

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
I was thinking of a new Ford standard Escape but I have just discovered why so many Japanese car owners end up with new Japanese cars. A far better turn in price was offered on my 04 Prius on a standard Highlander than Ford could even come close to. However Ford is not completely out of the picture because of the marked difference in Package prices. At the present time the Ford with all the goodies is thousands less than that of the Highlander.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
paul16451 said:
Hmm, since I need a mid-size car, and gas mileage is high on my importance list, I'd probably get a Nissan Altima Hybrid, which is due on the market very soon. Otherwise, probably a Ford Escape Hybrid.
No , no, you have got to trade-up for the Americas best seller: The upcoming Camry-Midsize-Hybrids !

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
Sorry Rick, but next year when my Prius is paid in full and I have the title I'll be able to pick up an American car with a V6 that will be able to shut down three cylinders for milage at cruise speeds paired with an automatic 6 speed transmission. I enjoy my Prius and it has been a unique experiance owning, but I'm going back to something more comfortable to drive and something I understand more about.
I actually believe the hybrid is not the way to go but I do hope more of them are made for fuel savings rather than performance which except for the Prius seems the way the industry is going. (example; Standard Highlander vs Hybrid Highlander) I don't think it's worth the price premium for a car the dealer knows little about.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
hyperion said:
Sorry Rick, but next year when my Prius is paid in full and I have the title I'll be able to pick up an American car with a V6 that will be able to shut down three cylinders for milage at cruise speeds paired with an automatic 6 speed transmission. I enjoy my Prius and it has been a unique experiance owning, but I'm going back to something more comfortable to drive and something I understand more about.
I actually believe the hybrid is not the way to go but I do hope more of them are made for fuel savings rather than performance which except for the Prius seems the way the industry is going. (example; Standard Highlander vs Hybrid Highlander) I don't think it's worth the price premium for a car the dealer knows little about.
Hyperion, somewhat I agree with you but remember that Toyota Brasses are working very hard to erase the "Premium" in ICE vehicle vs the HSD powered vehicles. I'm absolutely certain that the Hybrids are here to stay and the Voltages in its system are going upwards in excess of 1000 volts pretty soon to be able to work in the "Heavy V8 ICE vehicles" Such as the heavy duty - SUV full sized ICE vehicles. Now the 07 Camry is so large that will put all " full size domestic sedans " looking like a Mini-Cooper !
I have seen it and they are Big' and they are "Affordable"and fuel-miser. will cost same or less than the 06 PRIUS ! How is that for affordable.... More news update coming up soon...

·
Registered
157 Posts
Mr. C Rickey,

That's very encouraging. I was thinking about this today --my second vehicle is an 05 CRV that I bought a year ago because I couldn't wait and probably can't afford a Highlander hybrid. It's a great vehicle for this size class, which is exactly what I needed for the family.

But if there were a Hybrid Honda CRV or a hybrid Toyota RAV4, that could change things.

Here's what I find curious: you have a brand new RAV4 coming,
right? With 3rd seat? You will sell a ton. But why did they not take advantage of the re-design to bring out a hybrid RAV4? You would make a ton of money! :lol: :lol:

Oh yeah, a final thought: a 4 cylinder Camry hybrid could well be the car that really starts things rolling....er, I mean....gliding.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts