Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello PriusOnline members whom owns Prius with GPS Navigation feature.

Have many CD-DVD 7.1 version original Toyota-genuine taken out from 2008-2009 Nav equipped vehicle sold and shipped
to China and the GPS NAV map does not work in China therefore up for sale cheap to PC members.
My Fleet manager has them for sale, I'm just posting the availability for him.

How about $150 a piece. plus fed exp shipping..

Please call 925-699-6450

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re: Toyota's Original Gps Dvd CD-DVD for sale

I'm thinking these are gone by now, but I have a more general question. What do dealers charge, on average, to put a Navigation system purchased separately like this into a Prius?

I live in the SF Bay area.

·
Premium Member
702 Posts

Hi, snowkitty,

Rickey is just selling the CD's [which, since they were removed from the 2008 model, will work in the 2008 (& maybe also the 2006 & 2007, but that's all)]. If your car didn't come with the factory nav unit, then the cost to add it to yours would be prohibitive (do a search here---it's been discussed before). You're much better off buying yourself a portable unit like a TomTom or Garmin, etc. If you ever need/want to get updates, it's about $200 to $250 for a disc from Toyota for THEIR nav system, but you can get an update online from TomTom for about $40 for the portable unit.

·
Registered
3 Posts

alrighty. I misunderstood what was offered for sale. I had a feeling it wasn't the entire nav system!

thanks for the clarification.

(I don't own a Prius yet. I'm just shopping around and getting really confused by all the packages, but I'll take my questions to a different forum topic.)

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Have a few more Upgrade GPS 08 Discs available

·
Registered
3 Posts

*shakes head*

i tell you i'm getting confused by all the packages, and you throw at me all the same confusing package info i can find on any toyota website in my area. That doesn't help!

I'm not looking to be sold to, I'm just looking for assistance. I'll take my questions to a different subject.

·
Premium Member
702 Posts

Here, here, kitty,

Don't be discouraged. Rickey is only try'g to be helpful. In fact, he is probably the most helpful salesperson-type poster we have here in our midst. He is also the one most likely to give you the best deal in the bay area. You can still shop around if you like, but you'll probably end up going to Rickey in the end. He's very knowledgeable & will give you straight answers [he's been sell'g them since the 1st generation hit our shores 8 yrs ago & is privy to information that he is not yet allowed to divulge (but can only hint at) about the next new version/generation we present Prius owners are thirst'g for].

Just ask your specific questions here or start another thread & he or some of the others of us will try to help you out. We're all here to share knowledge & to promote hybrids, especially the Prius. So give us a chance to help you.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Ct. Ken V said:
Here, here, kitty,

Don't be discouraged. Rickey is only try'g to be helpful. In fact, he is probably the most helpful salesperson-type poster we have here in our midst. He is also the one most likely to give you the best deal in the bay area. You can still shop around if you like, but you'll probably end up going to Rickey in the end. He's very knowledgeable & will give you straight answers [he's been sell'g them since the 1st generation hit our shores 8 yrs ago & is privy to information that he is not yet allowed to divulge (but can only hint at) about the next new version/generation we present Prius owners are thirst'g for].

Just ask your specific questions here or start another thread & he or some of the others of us will try to help you out. We're all here to share knowledge & to promote hybrids, especially the Prius. So give us a chance to help you.
Ct. Ken V,

Thanks for your kind comment. Yes, I'm probably the most ardent advocated Toyota sales-related person and also owning Toyota Hybrids, just aquired a 08 CH recently as well.
When Toyota launched the 1st Gen Prius late 2000 to 2003, I was nominated ( Internally ) by Toyota Motor Sales, the most early Prius plungers serving sales-person in the Nation.
Was very proud to be the No 1, among 1300 Toyota dealers. Do love the THS vehicles!
I still believe, soon all Toyotas sold here will have the THS III powertrain for us the consumers to choose from !

Have a great day..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: Toyota's Original Gps "Upgrade" DVD-Rom for sale

Rickey,

I have a 2005 Prius with a factory GPS system. Where can I buy a reasonably priced update for the maps?

Thanks,
Terri

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

tchaber said:
Rickey,

I have a 2005 Prius with a factory GPS system. Where can I buy a reasonably priced update for the maps?

Thanks,
Terri
Terri, ? I don't understand your question. This thread I statred offering the 08 Toyota upgrade GPS NAVI DVD-ROM at lower price to the forum member.?
I'm offering these DVD map upgrade for sale! Retail $250~$275 at the Toyota parts
and I'm offering it to anyone for $150...

Here is one person's input on replacement DVD rom I sent to him and he has installed to his Prius.
>I received my DVD from Rickey last Saturday and installed it in the Nav ECU of my 07 Prius. It works as expected; the "I Agree" screen is now replaced with a different screen that warns you not to stare at the screen while driving (or something to that effect) and then dismisses itself a few seconds later.

Good price and Good transaction. Thanks Rickey.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Here is another testimonial, my uipgrade GPS-Disc functions as expected:

Rickey:

Your Toyota Navigation Disc arrived right on time. I installed it easily
and it immediately became operative without any wait period.

I am very pleased with my purchase from you and if you have any other
customers timid about dealing with an unknown person have them email me.
I will be happy to tell them how good my experience was with you and how
satisfactory the disc worked in my Prius.

Thanks again

Howard

Howard M. Benedict
Green Valley, AZ 85614
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Kinsale said:
I received my Nav update and it installed just fine. I now have a nav version out of my 2007 forsale for $75.00 which includes shipping via USPS. If interested email me at [email protected]
Hello Kinsale,

Glad that DVD 7.1 I sent you worked, Have more available for the forum.
My original 7.1 upgrade Disc works in all Toyota and Lexus with factory
GPS Nav system..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there C. Rickey Hirose.
I have a '05 UK spec Prius with the factory GPS unit, but it's pretty underwhelming. Not many areas are covered.
Does your update disc contain maps that only cover the USA, or do they contain European/British/Irish mapping?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Lario said:
Hi there C. Rickey Hirose.
I have a '05 UK spec Prius with the factory GPS unit, but it's pretty underwhelming. Not many areas are covered.
Does your update disc contain maps that only cover the USA, or do they contain European/British/Irish mapping?

Thanks.
Lario,

The 7.1 GPS upgrade I gave is not for your 04~05 Prius. Only works with Digital format DVD
06~08. My DVD won't be recognised by your system. 04~05 were the analog version carried over from 01~03. You have to inquire with "Toyota Part Deptmnt" for your Prius "Upgrade"

·
Registered
2 Posts
Today I received one of the version 7.1 GPS DVD discs from C. Rickey Hirose for my 2006 Prius. Installation was no problem.

Taking a trip tomorrow so I will get to see if all the new roads around here are included in the database. No more "I agree"
screen. No loss of "My Places" markers or history of previous destinations.

Looks like all is well. I'm a happy customer. Appears this map update purchase was a good deal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would be weary about trying, i do know that if you put the wrong program dvd in the nav unit it will basically fry it. I work at a toyota dealership and its happened a couple of times before. my work sells the new updates for 200 which yes its kinda high, but better than the chance of messing up your unit.

===>Toyota Car DVD

1 - 19 of 19 Posts