Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The site is obviously mostly in Japanese but there is some English narrative but mostly just a lot of good photos of the 2006. Interesting to see some of the differences (like the EV button) and their different packages. You'll have to do some guessing while you are clicking but if you click on the items on the left hand side you will get to the pictures.

http://toyota.jp/prius/exterior/bodycolor/index.html

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Any Japanese-fluent here who can translate footnote 1 on the ''G Touring Selection - Leather Package" page?

One online translator shows it as "The case of demand, at store installing option please order the spare tire". Does this mean that the Japanese Prius doesn't come with a spare tire?

edit: Removed attempt to quote Japanese. Apparently phpBB doesn't support it.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Based on what you translated, it probably means if you install it at the dealer not at the factory, it'll also come with something else (maybe a spare tyre, maybe not)

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
ehurtley said:
Any Japanese-fluent here who can translate footnote 1 on the ''G Touring Selection - Leather Package" page?

One online translator shows it as "The case of demand, at store installing option please order the spare tire". Does this mean that the Japanese Prius doesn't come with a spare tire?

No it refers to "Puncture repair kit" "G touring " larger rear spoiler, 195/85 16 inch alloys, genuine leather and etc. the spare are standard..... !

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
clarinet said:
maps look impressive
Wow! If that makes it to the U.S. model, I'm going to be pressuring hard for a Prius-upgrade. (Doubt the S.O. will go for it, though.)

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
If you guys were wondering, the first pic is a map of a multi-storey carpark. Yes, it shows the insides of buildings too!

·
Registered
466 Posts
C.Rickey Hirose said:
ehurtley said:

No it refers to "Puncture repair kit" "G touring " larger rear spoiler, 195/85 16 inch alloys, genuine leather and etc. the spare are standard..... !
ehurtley is right. C.Rickey is wrong.

The G Touring Selection comes with the "Puncture repair kit" as standard and a spare tire is optional in Japan.

[email protected]

·
Registered
20 Posts
ehurtley said:
clarinet said:
maps look impressive
Wow! If that makes it to the U.S. model, I'm going to be pressuring hard for a Prius-upgrade. (Doubt the S.O. will go for it, though.)
Acutally, maps comes in two modes EGA and VGA modes. The later option is a bit expensive. The HDD navigation has the option of upgrading a map using a SD card or Mem Stick to update the maps on a service based.

I have found the whole of Prius operation manual but in Japanese ....
I live in Japan but speak/write/read only English

Enjoy.
If anyone needs info on Japanese Prius (new Prius), let me know.

jeeeeee :lol:

·
Registered
26 Posts
C.Rickey Hirose said:
ehurtley said:

What can you tell us about the G-Book, please?

·
Registered
20 Posts
G-Book

G-Book is a Toyota Information service that allows user to download songs (including karaoke) and information updates on the routes and maps etc. In addition they have a subsription service that let you the route which you should not take to reach the destination because of an accident on the way or some trouble/congestion etc.

In addition, you can talk with an assistant online to get any information that you might want to have while driving.

G-BOOK website can be seen at the following link

Toyota is aiming at ITS in 2010 and this is the first step, I believe. I had visited their expo site in Aichi a couple of months back.

Cheers

jeeva

1 - 19 of 19 Posts