Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From here:
http://www.evworld.com/databases/shownews.cfm?pageid=news121203-06

Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc., will debut the Highlander hybrid midsize sport utility vehicle (SUV) and an all new full-size pick-up truck concept at a press conference at the 2004 North American International Auto Show in Detroit.

The Highlander hybrid will join the popular Prius sedan as the second vehicle in the Toyota Division model lineup to feature Hybrid Synergy Drive. The Highlander gas-electric hybrid will launch in late 2004. The new full- size pick-up concept will offer a glimpse into the future direction of Toyota trucks.

The press conference will be held at 1:55 p.m. EST, Sunday, Jan. 4 at the Riverfront Ballroom in COBO Center.

You reckon it'll outstrip demand as much as the Prius?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Anonymous said:
You reckon it'll outstrip demand as much as the Prius?
Damn right it will....if I didn't have a brand new Prius and an older but good functioning Expedition in my parking lot right now I'd be on the phone with my dealer to get my name down for the first one on the lot. That truck should kick ass and blow away any hope Ford had for the Escape--it's bigger and being produced by a company with a proven record with hybrids.
--evan

·
Registered
10 Posts
Highlander hybrid will make its debut in early Spring 2005. Expect it to hover close to 40GRAND! REALLY. I betcha they will not make the same mistake twice with underpricing for a hybrid SUV market... not like they screwed up with Prius. I still believe that if the Prius was $1000-$2000 or more higher base priced, it would still sell. AFter all, look how many dealers across the country sand getting that over window sticker anyway? Some call if fabric guards and paint seals and "perma-guard" or some just sell LoJack for $1000 when we all know it "costs" $400 bucks... and some charge $1900 for $800 worth of leather... yatta yatta...

I betcha the HLH is very close to $40grand well equipped.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Forty Big Ones!? Holy bleep! Now I am definitely gonna have that $400 worth of body work done on my '91 NAPA Exploder (rusted rocker panel). At 201K miles, the engine is purring like a kitten with nary a problem, ever.

I'd love to add the hybrid 'Lander to my Prius stable, but not at THAT price! I'll go Hyundai Santa Fe or Subaru Forester before I'd plunk for the Toyota. Sorry, you lost me there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts