Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the BlkueTooth Version that is installed in the 2005 Prius (Built 3/5/05? Apparently, there are many versions of BlueTooth 1.0 and I woulld like to know the speckfic version.
Would appreciate any info anyone has on the version.
Thanks,
:? Robert

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
I doubt that there is much of a change on the 2005s compared to:

as stated in the 2004 Prius Navigation Owner's Manual, page 109:
<quote>
INFORMATION
This system supports the following service:
* HFP (Hands Free Profile) Ver. 1.0
* OPP (Object Push Profile) Ver. 1.1
If your cellular phone does not support
HFP, you cannot enter the Bluetooth
phone, and take OPP service individually.
</quote>

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BlueTooth Version

I had a Sony Ericsson R520m Which Sony Ericsson claimed was BlueTooth 1.0 and the prius is BlueTooth 1.0 yet it would not connedt so I returned the phone.
A conversation with Sony Ericsson indicated that altho both were version 1.0, it would not work in the Prius because there were various versions of1.0 (ie 1.011,1.012 etc.
What I wqs trying to get a handle on was,if both devices are 1.0 and that iis the complete number,then the systems should be compatable.
Anyway,sincce I no longer have the phone (after trying many hours to connect it and no way would it connect even withfull support from 3 sources), can you suggest a stripped down a low cost ,T-Mobil phone that for sure will work with the Prius BlueTooth?(Don't need camera,games,etc.,just a good quality phone I can talk on.

:shock: Robert

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Unfortunately, T-Mobile doesn't make a stripped-down, low-cost phone.

I like the Motorola V330, though. (With some promotions, it has been free recently, but it's normally $200.) I don't know if it works with the Prius, as I have the non-Bluetooth Prius. (But it synchronizes with my Mac just fine!)

The problem with the S-E might stem from the fact that the Prius supports 'Handsfree' mode, but not 'Headset' mode. I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing that the S-E might only support 'Headset' mode and not 'Handsfree'... The Motorola supports both.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sony Ericsson R520m

Sony Ericsson says that the R520m supports Hands Free in addition to a host of other devices.It's really a great phone (no camera) excellent reception,plenty of volume and even has a speakerphone mode etc.But 2 different people at tech support, said that altho it was Bluetooth version 1.0, it would not connect to the Prius because of slight differernces in versions. This is what struck me as strange.If a device meets a spec, that automatically neans it is compatable.

The problem arises when the claimed version is not completely defined. My thoughts are,that, if this is indeed the case,and I believe it is based on what I have been told and personal experience, the version should be completely stated on each device that is sold rather than by testing this and that.I have tested 3 phones,none of which worked.And that's kind of silly.THanks for your thoughts on this.

:shock: Robert

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Low Cost Phone

By the way, I could probably use any good low cost BlueTooth Prius compatable phone that is unlocked and just shove my SIM card in to get fired up on TMobil.

Robert

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have a MotoRazr that connects with the Pri but I am begining to wonder why. When driving I can't call out even when I try to use the phone. The Pri tech where I bought the car says that none of the Pris will allow you to use anything but recieve when moving if that is the case then why even have it in the car :(

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sony T68i Cell Phone Bluetooth connects OK w/Prius

As was posted here some time ago, the Sony T68i Cell Phone
connects with the 2005 Prius without any problem. While somewhat dated, it supports Infrared tranfers from a PDA and Bluetooth connection to Prius.

The Sony T68i Contact List can be uploaded into the Prius Phone Book in one operation, not one entry at a time. Incoming calls mute the radio and come over the car speakers. Outgoing calls can be made from the Prius One-Touch speed dial buttons while driving. Prius Phone Book calls can be made while stopped.

Used, Unlocked Sony T68i phones are frequently listed on eBay for prices ranging from $25.00 to $85.00. I purchased one without a charger for $33.00 and Cingular had no trouble installing an Un-Blocked SIM and initiating service for me. A charger from eBay cost less than $5.00.

Happy 2005 Driftwood Prius Owners w/4K miles
Happy 2005 Silver Prius Owners w/13K miles

·
Registered
14 Posts
Placing calls while moving

BIGGUY said:
I have a MotoRazr that connects with the Pri but I am begining to wonder why. When driving I can't call out even when I try to use the phone. The Pri tech where I bought the car says that none of the Pris will allow you to use anything but recieve when moving if that is the case then why even have it in the car :(
While the above is true, my away around it is to initiate a call from the phone, NOT the car. My Verizon/Moto V710 connects fine after getting its firmware updated @ Verizon. I haven't figured out how to use the phone's voice recognition when I'm connected via bluetooth, so I use the Contacts button or manually dial from the phone keypad.

Once the call is placed, the bluetooth system in the car detects that a call has been placed, and if the call is answered, I simply talk as though the call were placed via the car's bluetooth system. I can hangup from either the car or the phone, and the result is the same.

While not perfect, not bad.

·
Registered
1 Posts
ehurtley said:
Unfortunately, T-Mobile doesn't make a stripped-down, low-cost phone.

I like the Motorola V330, though. (With some promotions, it has been free recently, but it's normally $200.) I don't know if it works with the Prius, as I have the non-Bluetooth Prius. (But it synchronizes with my Mac just fine!)]

I have a V330 from T-Mobile ($150 - $50 mail-in rebate= $100). It pairs perfectly with my Prius and can transfer individual contacts to the car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts