Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
WOW!! Is thats for real or is it just in the talking of it?? How much is this car gonna run and when do you think it will be avilable to the public?? :D

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I think they should bring it to market. Picture this:

Volta: Corvette-killer!

I'd buy one if they'd name it that way.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd take one in a heartbeat. I love my '02 prius, but damn I need a little speed!

·
Registered
42 Posts
:D Wow!! Im definitely getting one!! Yeah, its coming out 2007 right?? I wonder how much the standard to fully loaded MSRP will be... :D

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If the Volta ever makes it to production, the sticker price is suppose to be around 120k. it is a sweet car, but for that price, it'd probably scare away some consumers.

·
Registered
20 Posts
80 K

A more realistic figure would be around 80K

And if they provide 1.9% 72 month financing the payments would be $1177/month with 0 down and the waiting list much longer than the 04 Prius.

Dreams can come true.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Victor said:
It is supposedly going into production and will be available in Germany by Christmas 2004! Price tag circa US$ 72,000. The car has been renamed to Priapus which is a terrible name IMHO. Take a look at http://homepage.mac.com/cparada/GML/Priapus.html to see what it means.
:oops:
Definition Priapism persistant abnormal erection of the penis, usually with out sexual desire and accompanied by pain. (Dorland's medical dictionary).
Priapus The roman god of male generative power. (Webster's Collegiate Dictionary) he was depicted often with just a phallus. You have been had but it is a very good site.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Glad to say, but with some regret, the report saying MRT had given the green light to the Priapus was false. Thank god its name will more likley remain as Volta if it ever goes into production :)

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
HYBRID SPORT CAR TO COME FROM TOYOTA ?

I have and drive the last year production to US the "Supra Twin Turbo"
with a manual 6 speed but hey, if Toyota will bring the "VOLTA" or whatever the name for this Hybrid Powered Sport car, I will buy it on the spot. Toyota bring it over !

C.Rickey Hirose.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts