Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres my situation i posted at priuschat and received no replies. I just want some input as i'm getting closer to 36000miles.

I've driven 22,000 miles in about 6 months. I figure I will drive about 35,000 miles a year as my driving will slow down in the summer b/c of my job. Is it worth it to buy the extended warranty, b/c in 2-3 yrs it will expire? Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
232 Posts
The reason, (probably), for not getting any response.....is........ of course that this topic has been answered and debated a gazillion times already......

and is still available to anyone who would simply look for it.........

on forum boards like this.....it's considered bad form to post a new topic when the topic already exist......

they have a whole section ovr at Priuschat devoted to the extended warranty.....

C-i-a-b-a-tt-a......
Peace-out!

http://www.priuschat.com/forums/dis...tended-warranty-service-contracts-vt3130.html

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
I would certainly vote yea on this idea but don't over pay for the Toyota Platinum plan. Charges are remarkably different amongst Toyota dealers. Off hand maybe MRV would again post the address of the Greenfield Massachusetts dealer who has a very competive price for what you want.
As you've noticed there is a big potential for an awfull lot of expensive systems which could fail or even have to be replaced only because of an unknowledgeable local dealer. Trust me, you will sleep better.
The website posted above pretty much states it all and offers a fair price.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Re: Toyota extended warranty 7yr/100,000miles Is it worth it

saechaka said:
heres my situation i posted at priuschat and received no replies. I just want some input as i'm getting closer to 36000miles.

I've driven 22,000 miles in about 6 months. I figure I will drive about 35,000 miles a year as my driving will slow down in the summer b/c of my job. Is it worth it to buy the extended warranty, b/c in 2-3 yrs it will expire? Thanks for any input.

Given that you are a high mileage driver, I wouldn't be looking at the 7 year/100,000 mile warranty, but would suggest that you save some cash by getting the 6 year/100,000 mile warranty. Unfortunately, 100,000 miles is the longest mileage term available from Toyota in the US. There are plenty of shorter time plans, but the 100,000 mile version is only available in a 6 or 7 year variety.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts