Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my silver #9 last week. The other car I was looking at was the Acura TL because it also has navi w/bluetooth wireless integrated.

Now that I have the car I'm EXTREMELY frustrated with how Toyota decides what features I can and can't use while the car is moving. It's ridiculous. I never would have paid $5200 extra if I knew that's how it worked. Essentially I paid that money to have someone always on my back telling me what I can and can't do. I feel like I'm back in school. Does Toyota think it's owners are complete morons? They sure are treating us like morons.

Here are the annoying things I want fixed:

1. Enter Navi destinations while moving (the passenger can't even do it)
2. Allow dialing while moving
3. Show Caller ID for incoming calls while moving (are they joking?)

I'm so frustrated! I need to get these things fixed to feel ok with my purchase. I've seen the mods people have posted to work around these but I really don't want anyone messing around with wire and adding switches to my car because I feel it should have come with this functionality to begin with.

Toyota should allow us to sign a waiver and have the functionality added back into the car.

Out of curiosity if I have the mods done will it void my warranty?

This is all so annoying. I didn't pay extra so I could be treated like a child!

·
Registered
19 Posts
if you are dissatisfied, you can always start an online petition. I believe all of these things can be "fixed" via a software update, if Toyota is willing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the idea of a petition for a software fix better than having crazy mods done. I've never started a petition before but I am going to for this because I love the car when it isn't treating me like a child - so getting it fixed would be worth it.

I'll notify the board when the petition website is up!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
We have wrought our own pain here, with frivolous lawsuits and large jury awards levvied against manufacturers. Sometimes, I think it's a wonder that anybody would WANT to build and/or sell cars in this country in this day and age.

With all due respect, I think the authority figure is...

...ALL OF US!

I hope they change it (NAV, etc), but I'll bet it's unlikely to happen. Why provide a software update to activate features when the car is in motion when a single lawsuit can cost the company millions....more if the company loses!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With all due respect, I can't even see who is calling me before I answer the phone. What's next? Are they going to eliminate the speedometer because they are afraid people will look at it when the car is moving?

·
Registered
381 Posts
rl9022 said:
With all due respect, I can't even see who is calling me before I answer the phone. What's next? Are they going to eliminate the speedometer because they are afraid people will look at it when the car is moving?
Nah... they're going to eliminate having anyone except the driver in the car to eliminate potential sources of distraction. 8)

But seriously, they missed out on the Caller ID. The whole point is to be able to determine whether or not* to accept the call. The button's are on the steering wheel anyway, so it shouldn't have been an issue.

* Personally, I'd like a feature on the phone (tied to the car, of course) to completely reject/dump the call(er). Got a SPAM call/voice mail the other day from some religious nut... errr... group holding a local convention or something; what a waste of my airtime. :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts