Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the look of my 2005 Prius interior, however, the painted metal trim is subject to scratches.

Does anyone know of a touch-up paint for the dark red interior metal trim ?

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
I'm trying to figure this out. I have a blue car, and there is no blue metal visible inside the car, at least not anything resembling "trim." Where are you seeing this "trim?"

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Colin1,
The scuffs and scratches on the interior are the most disappointing part of the car. At two months old, the interior of my new Prius looked significantly worse than the one in my 12-year old car. The worst part is the dark-red trim on the upper front doors and glove compartment.
The dealer replaced 2/5 damaged panels under warranty, but not the rest.
I'm surprised no one else has mentioned this: y'all must be careful who you let into the car.
Scott

·
Registered
669 Posts
KTPhil said:
I'm trying to figure this out. I have a blue car, and there is no blue metal visible inside the car, at least not anything resembling "trim." Where are you seeing this "trim?"
The interior colors are grey/burgundy and ivory/brown. I have to admit that I always thought that was black, not brown, but I'm assuming the dark interior color in the grey/burgundy is actually a very dark red. (?)

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I've got a watch band scuff by my driver's side window on the red/black/burgundy stuff. :( Nasty.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
I take off my watch for that reason. I notices a scuff on the ivory plastic panel nearer the armrest, and thoguht it was from the watch. It wasn't, but it got me thinking.

Hmmm, if you were to put on a bunch of sunscreen, then complain about the peeling finish on that part, maybe the dealer...never mind!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts