Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone bought the "touch of glass" from the dealership?

I just got my prius on 4/23/05 and they offert me the "touch of glass" which is suppost to protect the paint from chipping and getting demaged from any bird droppings. They will put some kind of film over the car. They quoted me something like $ 1099

I wondered if its worth the money or if this is a rip off.

Thanks for replying.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I bought it. (mine is Touch of Class). Includes interior protection as well.

I considered it a luxury item I treated myself to. You can likely accomplish the same by waxing your car at least once a year, probably twice a year in many climates, or you park your car outside.

That sounds like the list price I remember. But I combined it in bargaining with another item (pre-paid service for 55k miles), and negotiated the price down on the total, so I payed less than list, but it would be hard to say how much.

It sure makes washing the car easy. And I hate :( to wax a car. After 18 months, the finish still looks great :) ...but I always garage the car.

Of course the 5 yr warranty is a nice protection.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I got it too...definitely a luxury addition, not something you NEED if you wash and wax your car regularly. But it does make your car look newer and shinier inside and out, and I agree it's nice not having to deal with wash/wax for five years (except the occasional hose-off), and if a slob like me ever spills something in the car that I can't get out, I let them do it for free (part of the coverage).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts