Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took delivery of my Driftwood #6, "officially" today at 17:42. I say "officially" as that is when the delivery of the car to the customer (me!) was announced over the dealer's intercom system, accompanied by the enthusiastic applause of the dealership staff.

I'm very pleased with my Driftwood #6. I have to say that the quality of the vehicle has surprised me. I'm not exactly sure what i was expecting, but i wasn't expecting something as nice as my Prius.

The dealer through which i bought the car is Don Davis Toyota in Arlington, TX. They delivered the car to me at MSRP, no port options, no mark ups. I have the color i wanted with the package i wanted. The business office was very reasonable to deal with, no hard sell at all as i declined the extended warranty (to be purchased through PriusChat) and the prepaid maintenance.

My salesperson (John Rowe) was knowledgeable about the Prius and enthusiastic about orienting me towards the vehicle and the features. The checklist had been followed, an alignment had been done, and the car had been road tested, the fuel tank filled, and it was delivered to me with 19 miles on the odometer.

I'm all smiles, let me tell you that!

-- michael :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Copngratulations! I just picked up my AM #4, Salsa Red last wednesday. Same situation as yours, delivered as I wanted, only had 8 miles on it, full tank of gas and right at MSRP and no port add ons. MarkQuart Toyota in Eau Claire, WI. Love the car!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I, too, took delivery Tuesday evening. A silver 2005 with package #6 (BC). The salesman was very through in explaining all the features of the car and even handed me with his card with office and cellphone numbers -- he said call me anytime you have a problem. I took it home with 4 miles on the odometer and a full tank of gas. It definitely will be a new experience and a lot of fun.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
I bet the sales people must hate having to applaud all the time. I found it hoaky when the Saturn dealership did that with me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Astrowoman said:
Congrats! And nice choice of color! :lol:
:lol: Thank you, Astrowoman!

The Driftwood is particularly nice, isn't it?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lagema said:
Copngratulations! I just picked up my AM #4, Salsa Red last wednesday. Same situation as yours, delivered as I wanted, only had 8 miles on it, full tank of gas and right at MSRP and no port add ons. MarkQuart Toyota in Eau Claire, WI. Love the car!
Thank you! I'm loving my Prius. I really appreciate my sales person and the dealership, they made the process pretty easy... aside from the wait. I am not, by nature, a patient person. hehehe

Congratulations on your new Salsa #4!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
helmkera said:
I, too, took delivery Tuesday evening. A silver 2005 with package #6 (BC). The salesman was very through in explaining all the features of the car and even handed me with his card with office and cellphone numbers -- he said call me anytime you have a problem. I took it home with 4 miles on the odometer and a full tank of gas. It definitely will be a new experience and a lot of fun.
Congratulations on taking delivery of your new Prius on Tuesday as well! I hope you're enjoying your Prius as much as i'm enjoying mine. :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DanMan32 said:
I bet the sales people must hate having to applaud all the time. I found it hoaky when the Saturn dealership did that with me.
I'll bet they do too. At first i thought it hokey, but near the end of the whole thing i found myself smiling, Dan. Of course, if you're applauding every car sold, it probably does get to be old pretty quickly for the staff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts